Already applied?View Dashboard
Technical Director (6-month contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 697455BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
Career with a Difference
Hong Kong Disneyland delivers world-class service and lifetime memories for our Guests. As a Cast Member, you will be an important part of the Disney Show. Working at Hong Kong Disneyland offers you the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career development opportunities.
Interested in a career with a difference? Join us now!
- Lead technical development appropriate for creative designs and specifies equipment to support artistic vision demonstrating fluency in audio, lighting, video, rigging, automation, show-action-elements and other technical disciplines.
- Ensure compliance with all standards be they statutory or other Authorities Having Jurisdiction and maintaining all associated documentation.
- Manage vendor efforts including compliance with relevant standards, design development, construction, shipping, installation and acceptance testing
- Create and maintain project files, tech logs, design documents, bid packages (Scope of Work), schedules and punch lists and contributes to and assists WDP&R partners to promote company-wide standards and efficiencies
- Verify the project does not endanger our Guests, Cast, or our facilities, by being aware of the interactions of the show systems within the venue and the involvement of the cast and crew with all technical show elements.
- Creates technical event budgets and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent with focus on technical design, construction or production/technical management
- Minimum of 10 years entertainment technical management experience
- Experience of Managing large-scale short and long-running events
- Strong technical skills at least three areas including: audio, electrical, lighting, rigging, scenic construction, special effects, show control, and video
- Ability to handle multiple high-pressure projects in fast-paced environment
- strong leadership, partnering and strategic planning skills
- Highly motivated, requiring minimal direction and follow up
- Strong computer skills including basic Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD and industry specific software
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.