Entertainment Technical DirectorApply NowApply Later Job ID 784078BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 14, 2021
The Technical Director (TD) is responsible for the technical delivery of assigned live entertainment shows, events, and projects and is the central source of technical information and solutions. The Technical Director bridges the divide between creative and technical production, ensuring that the scenic and technical systems and elements properly support the creative vision of the show, and the expectations of the Walt Disney Company.
The Technical Director leads the design, development and implementation of all technical elements used in the production through partnering with internal and external teams of experts in various fields. From time to time the TD may undertake system design and programming within their area of expertise.
The Technical Director leads the implementation of the Design Assurance\\ Hazard Assessment process during the production of the show. These processes ensure all show systems and elements conform to statutory, industry, and Disney standards—especially with regard to safety.
- Lead technical development appropriate for creative designs and specifies equipment to support artistic vision demonstrating fluency in audio, lighting, video, rigging, automation, show-action-elements and other technical disciplines
- Ensure compliance with all standards be they statutory or other Authorities Having Jurisdiction and maintaining all associated documentation
- Manage vendor efforts including compliance with relevant standards, design development, construction, shipping, installation and acceptance testing
- Create and maintain project files, tech logs, design documents, bid packages (Scope of Work), schedules and punch lists and contributes to and assists partners to promote company-wide standards and efficiencies
- Verify the project does not endanger our Guests, Cast, or our facilities, by being aware of the interactions of the show systems within the venue and the involvement of the cast and crew with all technical show elements
- Creates technical event budgets and documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent with focus on technical design, construction or production/technical management
- Minimum of 10 years entertainment technical management experience
- Experience of Managing large-scale short and long-running events
- Strong technical skills at least three areas including: audio, electrical, lighting, rigging, scenic construction, special effects, show control, and video
- Ability to handle multiple high-pressure projects in fast-paced environment
- strong leadership, partnering and strategic planning skills
- Highly motivated, requiring minimal direction and follow up
- Strong computer skills including basic Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD and industry specific software
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.