Technician / Technician Trainee (Attraction)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 788124BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
This position requires shift duty.
Typical shift hour: Morning shift (8:00am to 8:00pm) ; Afternoon shift (1:30pm to 11:30pm) ; Overnight shift (8:00pm to 8:00am).
Responsibilities:Technician (Attraction) supports responsible for the daily check, regular maintenance, fault handling and emergency response of the watercrafts, trains & railroad, vehicles, building. Each position has a specific focus within the technical team depending on experience.
Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics
• Responsible for maintenance / repair / installation of mechanical / electrical / electronic equipment or devices on major park & resort facilities including but not limited to amusement rides, animation figures, theatre equipment, parade floats, special effects, AV & lighting, air conditioning, kitchen equipment, plumbing & drainage, fire services, etc.
• Perform various preventive and corrective maintenance activities as assigned
• Work with Operations to maintain the readiness of the facilities by performing efficient system recovery and fault rectifications
• Carry out parts & spares stock take and other workshop activities assigned
• Work together with the field installation team on day-to-day installation for attractions in the park
• Carry out on-site test and adjustment activities on major attraction equipment (amusement rides, animated figures, special effects, etc.)
• Upon attractions turnover, carry out various preventive and corrective maintenance activities on multiple types of attraction equipment (amusement rides, animation figures, show pieces, theatre stage equipment, control, image and effects, AV, lighting, etc.)
• Work in co-operation with Park Operations to maintain readiness of attractions by performing efficient system recovery and fault rectifications
• Carry out spares & consumable stock up, and other workshop activities
Basic Qualifications:• Craft Certificate / Certificate in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Building Services Engineering or other relevant disciplines
• At least 2 years’ experience in machine, pneumatics, hydraulics, AC/DC motor control systems, electronic equipment, PLC/Relay Logics, theatre equipment, show automation, automotive, air conditioning, kitchen equipment, plumbing & drainage, fire services, production plant equipment or plant equipment
• Hands-on maintenance, installation or test and commissioning experience in a multiple disciplines system
• Working at height, shift duties cover day or overnight and public holidays are required
• Ability to speak Cantonese / English / Putonghua
• Candidates with less experience will also be considered as Technician Trainee
• Possess electrical license “A” & driving license would be an advantage
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY
Our Theme Park and Resort Hotels operate 365 days a year. Candidates will need to work shifts according to a roster that is determined by the Company, including shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.