Training SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 791639BR Location Lantau Island, Hong Kong Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted May 13, 2021
The Hong Kong Disneyland Learning and Development team, also known as “Disney University”, is focused on delivering relevant, engaging and effective learning experiences that are in line with HKDL’s Mission and Objectives.
As a member of the Learning and Development team, this role will be responsible for the areas of learning communication, coordination, facilitation and sustainment. This role will also support line of business by providing learning solutions that meet business needs.
- Facilitate and deliver learning programs. Maintain an active knowledge of the subject taught, understand and utilize various participant learning styles in order to facilitate the best teaching and learning situations.
- Maintain a high level of expertise of content development and program design. Be able to amend the content as necessary, in order to adapt to changing environment.
- Coach other trainers on the facilitation skills and the contents of assigned learning program.
- Act as a learning partner and provide consultation and customized learning solutions to Line of Business / in-tact teams. This includes: diagnosing needs, providing appropriate recommendations, conducting training, and sustaining the learning through on-going learning activities.
- Work closely with US partners in localizing global training programs with a good understanding of cultural differences.
- Handle learning administration, this includes: working with external vendors of program offerings at HKDL, coordinating training venue, preparing training material, managing pre and post engagement of various learning programs; rescheduling and reconciling attendance for classes.
- Support various initiatives and projects driven of the business.
- Deal with other ad hoc learning related matter.
- Bachelor’s degree. Education in Training & Development, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or Psychology preferred
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience
- Solid learning and development experience gained in sizable organizations preferred
- Proved presentation, facilitation and training skills. Ability to facilitate classes in an engaging, energetic and culturally sensitive manner
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of training process
- Strong partnering skills and ability to build effective relationship with others and achieve result through team work
- Good organization and project management skills for leading and organizing training projects
- Proven time management skills, follow through, and ability to deliver on multiple tasks
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong attention to details, ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt in a complex, fast-paced working environment
- Be innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
- High learning agility and look for continuous improvement with growth mind-set
- Proficiency in Cantonese, English and Putonghua (verbal and written communication)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to provide support related to training and development
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort brings unforgettable, culturally distinctive Disney experiences for guests of all ages and nationalities. Hong Kong is home to the fifth Disney Resort in the world. The city's landscape and vibrant, diverse culture has inspired our Imagineers to create a variety of entertainment that is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
Hong Kong Disneyland consists of the following seven themed areas: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Grizzly Gulch, Main Street U.S.A., Mystic Point, Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land. These areas feature themed attractions, entertainment and interactive experiences, restaurants, merchandise shops and refreshment stands. Additionally, there are daily parades and nighttime events. The Resort has three theme resort hotels: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney Explorers Lodge and Disney’s Hollywood Hotel.
To date, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has welcomed millions of Guests. Since 2006, Hong Kong Disneyland has ranked among the top five most popular places to visit in Hong Kong, according to the Hong Kong Tourism Board's annual Statistical Review.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.