Already applied?View Dashboard
Travel Trade Sales Director (Greater China)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 518768BR Location Hong Kong SAR Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted 01/11/2018
Based in Hong Kong, the job holder is responsible for formulating and driving the execution of sales strategy, and account optimization for indirect sales channels for vacation and leisure business for the responsible markets. Reporting directly to Director, Travel Trade Sales, this role is vital to the sustainable business growth from our key source markets in China. Managing contracted in-market wholesale partners, Hong Kong local land-operators, and other non-contracted distributors, who altogether contribute a significant portion of attendance and room-night production from our core markets in the region.
- Achieve admission and room-night targets by formulating sales and promotion plans featuring HKDL products and events to the travel trade in the assigned sales region. Deepen penetration and market presence in different trade channels
- Manage and motivate team members in sales offices in responsible region, to deepen HKDL’s penetration into respective markets through developing strong working relationships with HKDL trade partners including all key external parties such as local tourism bureaus, HKTB, airlines, cross-border coach companies, and other transportation providers, etc.
- Develop, plan, and drive tactical promotions execution, travel fair tactics or advertising campaigns with key partners, in order to maximize revenue and exposure from the responsible sales region.
- Drive and manage third party online channel engagement strategies and tactics for all of China
- Critically assess and allocate resources for each individual account under own trade portfolio with an objective to assure cost effectiveness to yield the best return
- Develop programs to conduct regular trade education with the assistance of direct or indirect reports.
- Prepare reports, updated account information, trade and competitors’ intelligence to executive management
- Coach and develop direct and indirect reports’ capability in planning and execution of trade projects
- Bachelor degree holder
- At least 8 years of solid experience of travel trade operation with strong trade network in the Greater China region
- Sharp business acumen to identify potential areas for business growth
- High degree of sales savvy and strong negotiation skills to facilitate and deliver complex business deals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to manage his/her own team, other internal and external relationships
- Fluent English and Mandarin for communicating with members of travel trade and understanding the culture and trade practices/protocol. Ability to speak Cantonese will be an advantage
- Regular Chinese domestic business travel is expected
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong Disneyland Management Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.