Already applied?View Dashboard
VDC Project AssociateApply Now Apply Later Job ID 614313BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 19, 2018
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 100 disciplines, its talented group of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
WDI is looking to fill a key role in our company-wide Design & Construction Technology organization, the VDC Project Associate. Reporting directly to Regional AEC Technologies Manager, the successful candidate will support and mentor project teams, coordinate with general contractors and represent VDC expertise to project stakeholders.
- Research, pilot, recommend, coordinate, implement and manage construction/field tools and technologies to support integrated information and data management that aligns with project BIM strategy.
- Administer and configure BIM360 products.
- Guide, teach and mentor project teams in the adoption of BIM360 tools.
- Work closely with project BIM-VDC Project Managers to evangelize adoption of VDC technologies to support overall project technology strategy.
- Work in close dynamics with project manager and construction stakeholders to support VDC applications.
- Coach, assist and support the work of project-specific BIM-VDC team and managers (WDI or Partners).
- Work closely with multiple advanced technology groups at WDI.
- Through field and project experience, help define and document VDC workflows that bring value, predictability, and transparency to WDI capital projects.
- Provide project specific VDC approach at the onset and incorporate into Project Technology Execution Plans.
- Monitor, audit and establish lessons learned for WDI and partners on the use of VDC methods.
- Dynamically support multiple and ongoing complex projects.
- Minimum 2-3 years of construction technologies hands-on experience in the AEC, media and/or entertainment business supporting the adoption of VDC on large capital projects
- Deep understanding of modern software development and software management practices
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrix structured environment that requires full transparency and strong collaborative working style
- Excellent communication, analytical, and coordination skills
- Proactive working and collaborative attitude and willingness to take up responsibilities
- Ability and keen interest to quickly learn new software tools and to develop their workflows
- Experience with implementation and support of Autodesk BIM 360 products
- Experience leveraging and supporting Autodesk Navisworks Manage and Simulate
- Ability to support team collaboration with Navisworks and other similar platforms
- Knowledge of field measurement/reality capture technologies: laser scanning/total station/drones
- Ability to support WDI collaborative technology platforms such as Bluebeam, BIM 360 Docs, Box, etc
- Strong knowledge in CM portal tools and workflows such as: Procore, Pro-Log, PMSC and/or home-grown systems
- Strong knowledge of working with project scheduling tools such as Oracle Primavera, Microsoft Project and integrating them with BIM / VDC tools and technologies
- Basic knowledge of authoring and collaboration tools such as Tekla, 3D AutoCAD MEP, Solidworks, Autodesk Revit, Inventor, etc.
- Understanding of construction technology and associated technologies
- Software development background and/or experience
- Theme park experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, computer science, or similar field with emphasis on technology or equivalent.
Additional Information:Applicants please send your CV in English with a covering letter stating one’s suitability for the job.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.