Already applied?View Dashboard
Vice President & CFO, HK DisneylandApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723221BR Location Lantau Island, Islands District, Hong Kong SAR Business Hong Kong Disneyland Resort Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
The Vice President & CFO, HK Disneyland Resort is responsible for the long-term growth position of the company by optimizing investments and profitability through robust strategic and financial planning and execution. Working in close collaboration with members of the steering committee, this leader will foster an entrepreneurial and commercial mind-set across our business as part of a business and cultural transformation in a difficult and complex business environment.
This role dual reports to the President of HK Disneyland Resort and Vice President Finance, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Asia and has direct accountability and leadership of the following core functions: finance (including forecasting), corporate alliances, and sourcing and procurement.
Responsibilities:Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as the Site CFO for HK Disneyland Resort, providing commercial, financial, and strategic support for the business
- Serve as a key member of the HKDL Steering Committee, leading discussions and providing financial and strategic perspectives on business opportunities and operational initiatives
- Lead the development and planning of HKDL’s long term master plan and corresponding capital plans
- Assess organizational performance against Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan and overall business strategy and communicate results in a format that provides understanding and moves others to action
- Drive analytical work effectively in a matrix organization – lead a broad and diverse staff in working across organizational boundaries and towards a shared strategy
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as an advisor on financial and business matters
- Provide guidance and leadership for the team w/ a strong focus on team development
- Lead and optimize accounting activities in alignment with TWDC and US segment organizations
Shareholder & External Relations -
- Provide financial updates at Board meetings and obtain Board approval for resolutions such as approval of annual budgets, major capital projects, and financing decisions
- Develop and communicate key messages to shareholders, stakeholders, and key business partners regarding strategic direction, financial performance and investment decisions
Corporate Alliances and Operating Participants -
- Oversee developing, negotiating and managing alliances with other brand companies to create incremental value via co-marketing, in-park presence, sponsorship fees, etc.
- Develop and negotiate Operating Participant (OP) contracts; manage ongoing relationships with OPs in partnership with F&B and Merchandise LOBs
Sourcing & Procurement –
- Oversee and execute on the company’s purchasing policy
- Optimize savings through end to end supply chain management
- Implement agile processes and procedures within the company while ensuring legal and contractual compliance
As a senior leader at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, the VP/CFO will possess the following Disney leadership competencies:
- Understand economic, environmental and competitive factors and their impact on key business drivers (pricing decisions, cost management and operation excellence, sales and marketing) to ensure a broad perspective of business and landscape
- Hold self and others accountable to drive revenue, manage costs and deliver on expected operating income targets
- Formulate and effectively share thoughtful opinions that take a product/experience from good to great or recognize when an idea is off track
- Exceed Guest expectations every day by delivering smooth, efficient, effective and safe experiences
- Lead with realistic optimism, set the vision, create a climate that engages the Cast and adapt their approach to match shifting demands (Inspirational Leadership)
- Deal well with ambiguity
- Adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Easily shift from strategy to execution
- Possess a flexible leadership style
- Engage and enable a diverse and rapidly changing workforce
- Have the capability to take on a variety of roles either across functions or across segments
- Ability to drive results through influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate technical and strategic concepts
- Ability to strike the right balance between short and long term
- Proven networking and relationship management skills in a highly matrixed multi-national environment
- High self-awareness, strong interpersonal skills, and strong influencing skills – especially at sr. levels
- Demonstrated confidence and courage to push boundaries in a changing environment
- Provides authentic thought partnership: Displays radical candor in support of the greater good
- Drives Vision and Purpose: Instills and sustains organization-wide energy for what is possible
- Strategic Mindset: Creates breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action
- Organizational Savvy: Strong political savvy, anticipates issues, navigates, negotiates and influences
- Manages Complexity: Analyzes situations holistically, asks the right questions to unlock solutions
- Cultivates Innovation: Moves beyond traditional ways of doing things
- Develops strong relationships with peers and other executives to inspire and set the tone for a positive working environment
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application in ENGLISH by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Hong Kong Disneyland Resort:
Since Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened in 2005, it has entertained millions of guests from Hong Kong, mainland China, Southeast Asia and farther abroad. As the first Disney resort in China, it features award-winning, first-of-its-kind entertainment offerings and guest services specially-designed for an international guest base, all brought to life by the resort’s multilingual cast members.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hong Kong Disneyland Management Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.