Systems EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 895940BR Location Laurel, Maryland, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 29, 2021
Hulu’s Infrastructure Engineering team is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will be an outstanding addition to our growing team. As a Senior Systems Engineer at Hulu, you will design, implement, and support our infrastructure as a service platform. The ideal candidate should demonstrate superb technical proficiency delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. If you are someone who strives for operational excellence, then this is a great role for you.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement and manage data center and cloud infrastructure.
- Manage storage devices from NetApp and Pure.
- Collaborate with developers, network engineers, vendors, and support staff in an open and creative environment.
- Build relationships with internal customers and team members to drive collaboration.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation.
What to bring
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS or equivalent technical experience
- 10+ years of experience building and supporting highly available infrastructure (systems and storage) at scale in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert level knowledge with a major configuration management solution and experience managing infrastructure as code. (salt, ansible, puppet, chef)
- Ability to diagnose and resolve product, hardware, and performance issues independently.
- Expert level understanding of virtualization technologies.
- Expert at scripting in at least one common language.
- Strong working knowledge of networking and DNS.
- Strong documentation/training/communication skills.
- Experience in hybrid Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with:
- AWS and HashiCorp Terraform
- Github Enterprise and Jfrog Artifactory
- NetApp and Pure Storage products
- VMware vSphere at scale
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.