PR Supervisor - 6 Months FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 10020547 Location Lisbon, Portugal Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
Responsible for working all the relevant integrated PR campaigns & initiatives across the company within the PR team.
Able to develop and execute strategic public relations campaigns for all content released in the services is responsible for securing positive, high quality coverage of the division’s products and franchises across all editorial media platforms including digital, broadcast and print.
Will also work on planning of the upcoming slate and works directly with external agencies when needed to support the strategy of any given title/event.
-Run the day to day consumer press office management and campaign implementation overseeing the team intern including:
- Responding to day-to-day requests and answer questions from media, other xLOB colleagues and general public/general press enquiries
- Writing press releases, editorial copy and generic feature ideas
- Pitching in talent access, news exclusive, press trips and selling in press office features and generic toolkits
- Maintaining up to date press office processes and materials.
- Preparing and distributing daily press clippings
- Undertaking press office in line with content calendar and global roll out embargoes and overall designated strategy
- Overseeing Forthcoming Release document/slate presentations
- Brainstorming and developing creative ideas to support campaign launches
- Pitching appropriate journalists/influencers to travel to international junkets/events and making sure travel and accommodation for them is secured
- Collaborating on campaign plans, specifically writing and presenting campaign tactics,
- Budget management, including ensuring all necessary and outstanding payments to vendors
- Keeping abreast of competitor activity, communications trends and insights that impact the overall entertainment marketing
- Developing and sharing knowledge of changing media landscapes including new contacts and changes in personnel at key media houses and targets
- Building relationships with key entertainment and feature journalists
- Liaison with key internal stakeholders on campaign plans including members of the EMEA/global publicity team
- Organize, attend and host key media film screenings
- Manage monitoring and evaluation of relevant press coverage
- Collate and construct reports tracking media goals and achievements/offline publicity material use and information to be shared within the company
- Work closely with Marketing team to align strategy
- Day to day liaison with agencies who are brought on board to support any given title
-Event Organisation including planning and implementation of in-house publicity events such as press events, media receptions, preview screenings, launch events, premieres, junkets etc. Remit could include:
- creation of running orders
- booking venues and catering
- organising suitable branding and/or venue dressing
- Dealing with local Authorities for permissions
- Overseeing production agencies and materials
- Securing press attendance and participation to events and screenings
- Support and implement Corporate Social Responsibility events and projects
-Support and implement Corporate Social Responsibility events and projects.
-Run day to day Internal Communications tools and strategy (e.g. events, intranet editorial content), working closely with HR.
-Support the Corporate Comms activity pipeline.
The Experience we require from you:
- 5 years of experience in the position specially working in events and with the media
-A keen interest in the media and film industry
-Bachelor's degree or higher in journalism, communications, marketing or public relations (preferred)
-Strong written and verbal communications skills
-Fluent in Portuguese both written and spoken
-Fluent English both written and spoken
-Microsoft Office usage (Outlook/Excel/Word/PPT)
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Portugal TF, Unipessoal Lda, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.