Already applied?View Dashboard
AccountantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 564537BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Jun. 12, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an Accountant to join our EMEA Shared Accounting function on a permanent basis.
The role is a key position within the Shared Service Centre (SSC) team, responsible for accounting and reporting of the Licensing/Publishing business activities.
The Accountant is responsible for the quarterly accounting & reporting of the P&L, balance sheets and other financial reports
The role will involve partnering with local Finance and Compliance teams, to ensure timely & accurate reporting, while in compliance with US GAAP
Supporting process improvement project work is an integral part of this role.
Responsibilities:Duties will include:
- Timely & accurate quarter-end accounting & reporting to a given check-list
- Completing quarterly BS flux and P&L variance analysis for SSC management & local Finance teams
- Acting as the main contact point for the Publishing Finance team and assist with the Licensing processes
- Delivering quarterly reporting schedules to SSC Management and/or Finance teams
- Cash flows
- FOH reconciliations
- Detailed LOB Revenue & Cost analytics
- MMF/CMF expense analysis
- Q Schedules
- Bad Debt Reserves
- Daily review, preparation & posting of journals, allocations, determine & post recodes, raise AR invoices to customer & other Intercompany
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations for review & compliance purposes
- Supporting the SSC management and wider finance teams on project work
- Preparation of various business reports on a timely basis providing accurate commentary and follow up on variances where required
- Constant identification and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner
- Ensuring compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards
Basic Qualifications:Suitable candidates will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong educational qualifications with an Accounting background essential
- Strong excel skills
- Studying CIMA/ACCA preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization
Additional Information:Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.