Application Support Analyst
Hammersmith, London, - - GBApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 685406BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 04/07/2019
Job Summary:We are looking for an experienced candidate to join our IT Team as a Support Analyst, this is a permanent opportunity based in our EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
The Application Support Analyst role is responsible for providing Level 2 operational support for DPEP’s Consumer Products portfolio of systems and applications which support business processes including contract management, revenue accounting, publishing and the product pipeline.
Disney Parks, Experiences & Products (DPEP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) that delivers innovative and engaging theme parks and product experiences globally. As the world’s largest licensor, DPEP extends the Disney brand through the creation and merchandising of products that bring the magic into consumers’ homes to enjoy year-round.
Through accurate analysis and assessment of application issues, this job role will facilitate resolution of problem queries and logged tickets and contacts from internal Cast Member and external Licensee partners. Effective resolution of issues will minimise unplanned disruptions and process inefficiencies, and enable Consumer Products business to be carried out with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Problem analysis: Perform daily applications support: respond, triage or escalate incidents that have been raised. Identify and classify problems. For complex issues or problems, escalate and seek advice from Level 3/development teams in a timely manner
- Provide incident and problem management, encompassing: initial response, customer follow-up and incident resolution/closure, within agreed SLA targets. Communicate effectively in order to appropriately manage the expectations of both internal and external customers
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with peers and management, internal Cast Members, and external business partners/vendors. Develop rapport through successful personal interactions and customer management skills.
- Assist in the recovery of major Disney Consumer Products system outages, ensuring that system downtime is kept to a minimum and that users are kept adequately informed of any issues that might impact their normal business operations
- Job holder is expected to identify and champion opportunities for continuous improvement across the IT lifecycle, participating in team and cross-functional meetings, and post-implementation reviews, to contribute suggestions, solutions and lessons learnt. Work with others in the department to effect a two-way process of knowledge transfer on issue resolution
- This role is primarily focused on DPEP EMEA stakeholders although, as DPEP is a global organisation, the job holder will regularly have interaction with, or collaborate on problems with, teams and customers from other regions (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific).
- Key working relationships will be with: other members of the DPEP EMEA IT team; key business stakeholders and department heads; external Disney licensee partners; third-party support vendors; and TWDC/DPEP colleagues in other offices and regions.
- Activities will be performed in line with prevailing departmental processes and best practice for application support and conforming with prevailing industry, technology, compliance and IT security policies and procedures
- Act with an appropriate sense of urgency and follow-up to ensure that issues are resolved to business expectations. Effective management and resolution of incidents will have a direct positive effect on stakeholder productivity, so contributing towards wider DPEP business goals
- Relevant Business and/or Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in IT – preferably in an application support role, supporting both packaged and bespoke systems
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience of working within the ITIL framework
- Understanding of Contract Administration, Revenue Accounting and Forecasting & Planning principles
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to articulate complex ideas in succinct business terms without the use of technical jargon
- Experienced in documenting business and systems process and workflow
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Interacts well with people with different work styles and cultures
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to complete assignments with speed, accuracy, attention to detail and quality
- Effective use of Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Experience of working within a corporate environment for a large multinational business
- Knowledge of TWDC business segments
- Experience of business-to-business systems and processes e.g. Licensee Lifecycle Management and Intellectual Property Asset Management
- Awareness of Accounting and IT security/compliance standards and principles
- Experience of using ServiceNow, Confluence, Jira and other relevant reporting, incident management and collaboration tools
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.