Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Finance Analyst - 12 month FTCApply Now Apply Later Job ID 583333BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Aug. 07, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an Assistant Finance Analyst to join our Disney Store team on a 12 month fixed term basis.
The Assistant Finance Analyst will be responsible for maximising cash margin, increasing operating income, controlling costs within agreed budgets and evaluating new opportunities to improve efficiencies within The Disney Stores.
Responsibilities:Cost Line Responsibility
- Ownership of several variable cost lines, including Visual Merchandising, Outside Services and Communications totalling over $13m per annum.
- Take full ownership of producing and reporting on the Annual Budget / Quarterly Forecasts to TDS standards for P&L lines within your remit and to improve the processes to support this reporting. This will involve enhancing existing models and implementing new modelling.
- Track actual results against plan and communicate with department heads explaining year to date performance and highlight risks and opportunities to the plan.
- Building relationships with the key budget holders & working closely with them to help implement cost saving initiatives.
- Liaising with the business and the Shared Accounting Service team to ensure consistent, timely and value added reporting across the business.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly communication to the relevant budget holders of all costs and subsequent query resolution
- To identify opportunities for process improvement in the team, and to lead the implementation and embedding of these improvements in the standard processes of the Financial Planning Team
- Support on other Adhoc Finance work & projects
Basic Qualifications:Suitable candidates will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree educated in a related discipline
- Minimum 1-2 years accounting experience
- Retail / FMCG experience would be beneficial
- Experience working in a multi-national organisation beneficial
- Strong Excel skills, SAP an advantage
- Highly numerate / analytical
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communicator with ability to negotiate at senior level
- Systems, process driven, data manipulation in line with transactional volume associated with a retail
Additional Information:Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store (UK) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.