Assistant Retail Manager, 12 Month FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 781541BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
This opportunity is specifically for the Frozen London Production and will be based at the Theatre Royal London.
This is a great chance to develop your leadership skills and be part of the wider Disney Theatrical Group Team to achieve wider company goals & targets.
- Duty Management of Sales Floor Operations. Lead the Merchandise Sales Staff by actively selling at all locations where possible; excelling in Guest Service and driving sales.
- Using available tools, and developing new tools, to best manage the needs of the business and to train / develop all staff under accountability. Identify areas of opportunity or risk, analyse sales and manage staff.
- Identify opportunities for increased sales & profit. Manage implementation of initiatives, ensuring commitment from others.
- Implementation & management of visual merchandise displays and standards. Finding new ways to display merchandise to drive sales and standards. This includes performing routine maintenance on the kiosks and partnering with production when larger upkeep projects are required.
- Provide relevant formal & informal feedback on staff performance based on observation of Management Team. Effectively Delegating responsibility to Management Staff and relevant Cast Members, ensuring tasks are completed to the required standard.
- Communicating required information to key stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner, including handover emails, sales reports, inventory/finance information and performance feedback.
- Manage Inventory through regular stocktakes, monthly stock audits, stock movement tracking and EPOS management. Liaising with Warehouse on transfers, managing cost efficiency.
- Partnering with senior management on staff scheduling to ensure full coverage of staff for all performances, peak & non-peak shows/weeks, deliveries and necessary operational tasks.
- Liaise with internal & external partners to drive sales & profitability, fostering relationships to help with daily operations.
- Recruitment of new staff and induction training for all local staff. Demonstrating commitment to diversity & inclusion throughout recruitment process.
- Track, reconcile & communicate weekly settlement figures. This includes all online sales, in venue sales and staffing hours. Liaise with venue staff, senior management; and both venue and Disney finance & accounting departments.
- Complete delegated tasks from Senior Management and Corporate Office.
- Proven Management experience in Retail & Theatre Environment
- Proven experience at an Assistant Retail Management level
- Experience using a EPOS system and inventory tracking tool
- Visual Merchandising
- Performance Management
- Inventory, Stock & Cash Management
- Experience in Recruitment
- Experience with HR, Personnel & Data Protection Management
- Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.