Associate Director, Media Sales & PartnershipsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 705076BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
DMSP is the media sales and partnership division of The Walt Disney Company UK.
We are responsible for monetizing our media properties through advertising, sponsorship and partnership solutions. We work with a wide selection of clients and agencies to deliver truly impactful media solutions across our diverse range of platforms and media brands.
This includes Disney Channel, Disney Influencer Network, Fox, National Geographic and ESPN.
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a sales leader with an excellent track record of revenue growth delivered through outstanding media solutions. The applicant should have a strong strategic sales mindset who has a proven track record in delivering content/partnership solutions for blue chip clients within the UK.
This person will work across the media portfolio to develop the best solutions to fulfill the clients objectives. This is a great opportunity to join one of the world’s largest media companies and most trusted and respected brands at an exciting time of growth.
- Meet and exceed annual sales targets through activating world class media solutions
- Develop and nurture relationships with key agencies and clients. Focus on manager to senior director within agencies. Build direct relationships with key clients within the portfolio
- Develop and grow the skills, talent and impact of direct report (s)
- Grow existing contracts and generate new business
- This is a sales role. Not a creative ideation role. Evidence of delivering sales success through selling and executing innovative media solutions is therefore a must.
- The applicant will be expected to have a great track record of selling multi-platform campaigns. A good understanding of digital is a must.
- Experience of working with clients in the Travel and Automotive sector is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong and proven UK based agency relationships and a well-established network within the advertising industry
- Great presentation skills and ability to create compelling presentations
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change
- Proven ability to work as a self-starter and as part of a team
- Results driven with a strong facility for negotiating deals and closing business
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.