Associate Merchandise Planner, ShopDisney, Fixed Term ContractApply NowApply Later Job ID 983190BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted May 22, 2022
- With the Merchandise Planner, be responsible for category financial plans for growth and profitability that align with key product strategies and initiatives for each channel,
- Using knowledge and understanding of category product releases across all channels to mitigate financial gaps year on year,
- Work with the Merchandise Planner to develop strategies for items to optimise SKU productivity and ensure inventory management of items or categories,
- Plan and manage the flow of goods via initial hit planning and flow management to maximise turn for all channels and multiple distribution centres,
- Leverage weekly business insights to understand item-level performance to maximise in-season opportunities and minimise liability,
- Manage and input retail category plans for AOP and forecast in the Merchandise Financial Planning System (MFP), making recommendations where relevant,
- Seek information from the e-commerce analytics team on traffic, conversion and Average Order Value (AOV) key performance indicators for the category,
- Reforecast sales, inventory and margin on a weekly or monthly basis based on category performance to maintain forecast,
- Work with the Merchandise Planner to provide product status updates for monthly open-to-buy meetings,
- Collaborate with the trading team to identify pricing and liquidation strategy and opportunities for the relevant categories.
Professional Qualifications required
- Degree-level education in a related field or equivalent work experience,
- Experience in a similar level role within merchandising,
- Proven experience in building and maintaining strong relationships at all levels, managing stakeholders effectively within a large, multi-national, matrix organisation,
- Experience in managing and developing a team is beneficial (TBC).
- Computer literate, proficient in using key Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of business intelligence software (reporting tools),
- Financial acumen and analytical skills,
- Strong written and spoken English for business use, essential,
- Strong planning and organisation skills and ability to prioritise workload and deliver within challenging timeframes,
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail,
- Adapt in problem-solving,
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Flexibility for the UK, European or international travel may be required,
- Contribution to ad-hoc projects as the business requires,
- Flexible hours may be required to meet business needs.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.