Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Product Development Manager, ApparelApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543917BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Disney Licensing Date posted 04/24/2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of Associate Product Development Manager Sportswear Apparel, based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will lead the product development and approval process for sportswear apparel.
- Provide creative direction and feedback to licensees on product submissions
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets and approval systems
- Execute and manage the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner
- Have an advanced level of market knowledge for products that fall within your sub-category
- Ensure licensees have the appropriate creative assets for product development
- Offer creative input to inspire licensees and help drive quality product
- Execute design projects as directed by Senior PD Manager
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with licensees and other external partners
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Offer creative input to other members of the team
- Support the Creative Lead in identifying areas for new product development
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of Disney’s characters, films, properties, heritage and creative assets in order to assist in their usage on consumer products
- Support the needs of the wider team at regional, local and global level as required
- Build relationships across other business units as required
- Degree level educated in relevant field of design or equivalent
- Hands on apparel design experience essential
- Experience of working within the fashion and sportswear categories essential
- Have a good knowledge of trends within the adult apparel industry and the broader world of fashion design
- Have a good knowledge of sportswear apparel
- Have an advanced knowledge of common manufacturing techniques and their application in production
- Ability to deliver against set deadlines and budgets
- Ability to effectively present design ideas to internal/external stakeholders as required
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Some packaging experience desirable
- Good presentation and influencing skills
- 2nd European language an advantage
- Big company experience desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
Additional Information:Please note, this role will require some travel.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.