Attorney - Media DistributionApply NowApply Later Job ID 10059599 Location London, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 18, 2023
Wherever you are in the amazing world of Disney, you are contributing to the stories of our iconic brands, recognised by audiences everywhere for entertainment, information and inspiration. Innovation, imagination and inclusion are at the core of Disney, defining the experience that we deliver as well as providing the foundation of our success. The scope of our business, combined with global growth and collaboration result in an inclusive employee experience characterised by continuous learning, development and achievement.
Are you a legal professional passionate about entertainment and content distribution? Join us as a trusted advisor to the business, managing complex distribution agreements and supporting Disney's EMEA initiatives.
- Draft, negotiate, and advise on content licensing, distribution, and digital agreements.
- Lead ad hoc projects and assist junior team members.
- Negotiate platform distribution agreements for Disney+.
- Monitor Contract Managers and provide support to the regional digital team.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of business and licensee expectations to efficiently negotiate agreements.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to structure and support agreement negotiations.
- Draft and complete agreements and projects within agreed timescales.
- UK/common law equivalent professional legal qualification (2 to 5 years PQE, although candidates outside this range will be considered).
- Excellent academic qualifications.
- Prior experience in private practice or a major in-house legal team preferred.
- Strong knowledge of contract and commercial law, including an understanding of copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- Significant experience in contract drafting, particularly in television and/or digital media (preferably in distribution and/or streaming).
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.