Already applied?View Dashboard
Bidding Producer London, United KingdomApply Now Apply Later Job ID o7nLafw9 Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Aug. 09, 2019
- Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards. Collaborate with Key Creatives to develop an approach for creating the effects work and create competitive bids according to the needs of the clients and to fulfill the collective global vision.
- Collaborate with Heads of Global Studios to manage bids among Producers. Hold Bid Kick-off Meetings to discuss capacity plan, show leadership, coordinated testing and artwork, deadlines, fiscal targets, contacts and deadlines.
- Review and analyze bids for methodology relative to historical averages and for quality assurance in each aspect of the bid. Provide feedback to the bidding Producers. Work with new production talent and provide training and supervision for bidding.
- Review bid letters. Follow bids through bidding phases to assure proper documentation of key assumptions and subsequent document requirements.
- Establish and maintain guidelines and reference for Producers who are bidding new projects. Provide feedback on bids. Maintain ILM Best Practices reference document on LOIS.
- Collaborate with Marketing Associate to maintain and overall bidding calendar/schedule with key dates and deadlines and bid review schedules.
- Strategize about the placement of work across the Global Studios and Third Party Partners. Work with Planning and Production Finance to evaluate Global Studio capacity. Work with Talent Managers for short term capacity evaluation.
- Maintain a strong understanding of tax incentives in various geographies.
- Participate in Portfolio meetings.
- Participate in Marketing and Capacity meetings.
- Meet with R&D regularly to keep pace with technological advancements and assure advancements are cross collateralized between projects and/or are factored into new bids. Consult with R&D regarding new development items needed for upcoming work.
- Communicate with Media Operations regarding the status and technical requirements of shows in bid. Provide data to inform their technical resource forecasting. Receive data pertaining to projects with exceptional technical resource requirements for cost estimating and documenting in the bids.
- Attend meetings that shape the global vision of our studios. Meetings may include: studio specific marketing meetings to discuss new business pitches, coordinating efforts between studio, talent capacity and what work to target for each studio, and current bid status; Show Sups, to integrate the planning into the bidding stages; strategy meetings with EIC, Global Studio to discuss Producer and production management capacity.
- Meet with Producers during and after a production to gather actualized information about production methodology to better inform future bidding.
- Work with Production Accounting to generate consistent post show data.
- Work with IT to establish a tag-able, searchable Show Image Archive with associated BVAs.
- Work with IT Create and maintain a consolidated and centralized BVA database
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience required
Required Skills / Competencies
- Must have proven experience as a Producer on feature films or visual effects
- Must have a specific understanding of visual effects techniques, scheduling and throughput
- Understanding of ILM production processes a plus
- Must have proven ability to delegate to, mentor and actively manage production staff
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Prior experience performing complex detailed analysis and reporting
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong self-directed work ethic
- Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively as part of a team, and independently where assigned
- Proven ability to think critically and anticipate potential situations
- Proven ability to interact effectively within department, across and outside the organization.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.