Brand Partnerships Director, National Geographic 12-month FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 767601BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Media Networks Date posted Oct. 15, 2020
This is a 12-month London-based maternity cover role, responsible for driving UK and pan-regional brand partnership sales across UK and Europe for National Geographic and the DMSP media portfolio. This includes print, digital, social media and TV platforms. The role will include management of some of the highest profile and largest investing media partners; the role has 3 direct reports and responsibility for a team of 5.
NGP Brand Partnerships division is a dynamic and comprehensive creative sales team with unrivalled brands that connect deeply with quality audiences everywhere. They are able to deliver integrated, a la carte, cross-media campaigns to clients in any industry segment across the most desirable genres and audiences and through their cross platform advertising sales arm. Their dedicated custom solutions team, Nat Geo Creative Works, work closely with clients to produce compelling custom content across our global portfolio of media platforms.
NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses.
- Drive pan regional sales revenue for TWDC media with special focus on NGP.
- This role will manage a portfolio of UK Media agencies, direct clients and specific European territories
- Presenting to agency and clients on the TWDC portfolio including NGP key opportunities
- Regular meetings with agencies and clients to obtain RFPs and insights on the key accounts they manage.
- Work with Nat Geo Creative Works and the client services team to ensure we provide unique, innovative and creative ideas to win business.
- Overseeing all aspects of the deal from pitch through to campaign delivery.
- Collaborate with NG Creative Works on delivery of client programs including working closely with the project manager on the execution of campaigns.
- Operate as global lead on clients HQ’d in UK and Europe and collaborate with Partnership Sales teams across US, Asia Pacific & Latin America to align sales efforts and maximize revenue.
- Work closely with Partnership Sales teams across the regions on global accounts that have significant presence in UK & Europe
- Provide timely and accurate business forecasts and weekly business reports
- Mentor the sales team on processes and other business matters with the aim of helping deliver company objectives.
- Evangelize the National Geographic brand and portfolio amongst the industry and at key events
- Proven sales & brand partnerships revenue success and growth across pan regional business.
- Excellent knowledge of multi-media platforms including print, digital & tv/video
- Ambitious, self-starter who is driven to hit sales targets including finding new clients.
- Creative and strategic approach to winning business
- Has had responsibility of direct reports with revenue targets
- Business development capabilities
- Good PPT & XLS skills; ability to multi task & attention to detail critical
- Exceptional presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Client and solution focused attitude
- Knowledge of production is a plus
Additional Information:Travel might be required from time to time to manage sales conversation in key regions in Europe should travel restrictions lift.
The ad post will close on 29th October 2020.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.