Business Affairs CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 808355BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Affairs Coordinator to join the team working on EMEA original productions across the Disney+ and Star streaming platforms. This role is permanent and based in our London head office in Hammersmith (subject to Covid regulations) however will likely start remotely.
Reporting to Director, Business Affairs, this role will support the team negotiating commercial deals with external content suppliers, production companies, and talent (writers, producers, directors, actors) by managing the flow of information coming into and out of the business affairs team. This will include regularly maintaining and updating various databases, tracking documents, and share point sites. The role will work closely with key stakeholders within The Walt Disney Company including Creative, Production Management, Legal, Finance, and Marketing to ensure processes, workflows, and communications are efficient and effective. The role will also help ensure best practice throughout EMEA by coordinating the business affairs teams across the region as well as ensuring precedent and practice are shared within the EMEA team.
- Process, manage, and track all existing business affairs deal information including deals with production companies, writers, actors, directors, and other rights owners.
- Track progress for ongoing deal negotiations on and off system (incl. deal and option trackers)
- Carries out deal management, including data input in Disney deal management systems (e.g. Blast), maintenance and update of deal data and polices deal timelines.
- Coordinate information flow and exchange with internal adjacent departments such as Creative, Finance, Production Management, Legal, Marketing, etc.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the EMEA business affairs team with regular updates, meetings, and feedback.
- Support negotiation on key deals by providing precedent and practice from other areas of the business including the US.
- Coordinate deal approvals for business affairs ensuring that approval processes and deadlines are followed.
- Build and maintain relationships with multiple functions in the business, understanding their roles and interdependencies.
- Support and/or manage title registration forms and processes.
- Support content vendor set-up in SAP alongside finance and/or legal teams.
- Assist the team in preparing decks for internal and/or external use.
- Occasional assistance/diary management for senior Business Affairs team.
Areas of Accountability:
- Accountable to Director Business Affairs.
- Accountable for deal management and tracking all EMEA original projects including database input.
- Accountable for ensuring Business Affairs information is shared with other parts of the organisation in a timely and effective manner.
- Accountable for the coordination of the business affairs teams across EMEA.
- Experience of a coordinator or similar role in television / related media ideally with a focus on original productions
- Ability to read, understand & consult on television production and talent agreements with a strong knowledge of key terms and conditions contained in such agreements.
- Good understanding of the pre-production, production, and post-production process
- Proficient in the following applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Other database experience very useful.
- Exceptionally organised and great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills.
- Friendly, approachable with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritise; and always ‘stay ahead of the game’.
- Flexible and result-oriented: not afraid to challenge the status quo; and pro-active to suggest new approach. Always ready to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Resourceful and strong initiative.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of at least one other EU language advantageous.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.