Buyer (Maternity Cover)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 734063BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Feb. 05, 2020
- Working with your Merchandiser using available history, trends and creative input, develop a departmental strategy which delivers balanced and well-constructed ranges
- Select and construct a balanced range from the global assortment which meets all market needs and supports the company franchise priorities for Stores and Online, where relevant
- Provide regional input to the global product development team to support the development of ranges to meet all market needs, where relevant
- Together with your Merchandiser manage the planning, delivery and execution of specific franchises and events in-Store and Online
- Establish strong relationships with the relevant Licensees to deliver the appropriate curated assortment in TDSE
- Together with your Merchandiser work with Visual Merchandising and the Business Planning Manager to ensure the department is planned on the allocated space and delivers the appropriate brand statement and financial return
- Proactively review all Buying and Merchandising processes, making suggestions for improvements and work with other Buyers & Merchandisers for implementation
- Approve all Purchase Order’s to deliver the required stock turn and tight inventory control, liaise with Global Sourcing and/or Vendor on delivery logistics and timings and inform them of re-buys and cancellations
- In partnership with the Merchandiser, lead in-season trading and analysis. Review and instigate changes to forward commitments to maximise profit and minimise markdown
- Ensure team is aware of the current business priorities and build any changes into the department plans
- Regularly conduct discussions with the Country Heads, store visits and competitor analysis, to ensure retail pricing and product is appropriate by Country
- Partner with the Online team to ensure the range is represented in the best possible way to maximise sales
- Proven experience as an Assistant Buyer within an omni-channel retailer, essential
- Experience at Buyer level, desirable
- Proven experience of building effective relationships, leading and managing change and collaboration across departments to achieve financial targets and joint goals
- Experience of selection buying, desirable
- Experience of working globally, desirable
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Excellent analytical, commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving
- Proven ability building effective relationships and developing the performance of team members
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.