Buyers Assistant (6 Months Fixed Term Contract)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 731393BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
- All buying administrative processes on the department including but not limited to:
- Spec sheets: track and check ahead of raising purchase orders for new items
- Accurate and effective management of the purchase order (PO) process. Raising and revising orders and defining items
- Daily checking of the closed item report and updating the order tracker accordingly
- Proactively with the Merchandising Assistant (MA) ensure stock arrives at port of departure on time and progress through to intake receipt. Alerting the Buyer, Merchandiser, Distribution and Central Planning teams to any variances
- Support Buyer and Assistant Buyer with vendor liaison for order raising and delivery planning
- Updating the YY and sample tracker and highlighting potential delivery delays to the buying team
- Pictorial Range Plans: keep accurate records and prepare pictorial range plans for meetings and an awareness of current and future ranges
- Sample management: keep accurate records, check packaging details and share samples with relevant team members
- In partnership with the department MA; carry out weekly online checks and highlight any missing or incorrect information. Monitor Bazaarvoice comments and share results with the team, flagging up any potential issues
- Presenting information as required, including but not limited to, delivery schedules, samples, comp shops
- Prepare and present at online product handover meetings to ensure accurate product launch across all sites
- Maintain by market, regular research on competitor and trend analysis and provide feedback to the Department.
- Work with Visual Merchandising (VM) and MA on stage set checking.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Global partners and key stakeholders through regular communication
- Recent experience of working in retail in-store or as a BA within an omni-channel retailer or a buying related qualification, desirable
- Demonstrable experience of working in teams and building effective relationships
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficient
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time planning and organisation skills
- Market awareness
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- An innovative approach to problem solving
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.