Already applied?View Dashboard
Cash ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 555257BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted May. 16, 2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of Cash Manager, based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supervising transactional processing services related to cash management and cash accounting. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Management of corporate bank accounts and cash activities across the EMEA territories
- Review and approve bank account reconciliations
- Monitor and enforce internal/SOX controls
- Review effectiveness of controls and change as appropriate
- Develop and maintain exceptional business relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to provide exceptional customer service.
The Cash Manager will administer exceptional leadership to a team of Cash Analysts to include the hiring, training, coaching, developing, and directing of each team member.
- Manage daily and monthly payments, bank reconciliations and intercompany processes which is performed by Cash Analysts and serves as key financial and account controls. Ensure all monthly and quarterly account reconciliations, transactions and reports are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with SOX and internal control procedures. Monitor and review control reports on a weekly and monthly basis to identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Effectively work with other members of management, accounting teams, and other departments to resolve outstanding reconciling items in a timely manner and prevent recurring errors that cause reconciling items. Act as first point of contact to address and resolve discrepancies raised by the SSC team or internal stakeholders.
- Effectively work with the technical support team(s) to ensure timely resolution of all system-related issues
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation required in the cash management process, cash systems or tools utilized, and cash reconciliations and reporting.
- Develop and monitor performance indicators against service level agreements and drive actions for improvements
- Manage annual audits performed by internal and external auditors
- Support transition of Cash and Bank functions performed at other countries into the SSC
- Develop and maintain documentation of all processes and job responsibilities
- Responsible for bank account administration and implementation of cash management services.
- Responsible for coaching and managing the development of staff within the EMEA Cash Accounting team
- Partner with credit team, local finance teams, local and global controllership and the Disney Worldwide Shared Services team on escalated issues, ad-hoc matters, or global process initiatives
- Partner with internal business stakeholders to assist in driving business initiatives; to include, but not limited to, providing consultation on business initiatives that require guidance on payment transactions such as eCommerce payment structures, building processes or reconciliations that support new business platforms, or leveraging resources internally or through bank relationships to support business requirements.
- Partner with local EMEA Controllers to ensure service levels are maintained, liaise as required to assist with local controllership business need
- Maintain a collaborative environment within the Shared Services Centre
- Qualified accountant
- Experience handling cash and banking activities including reconciliations, cash sweeps and FX adjustments
- Experience managing staff in a collaborative and multicultural environment is a must
- Experience working in a mature shared services a plus
- Entertainment and Media experience a plus
- Prior supervisory experience is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage operational staff providing clear and detailed objectives and instructions
- Solid communication skills with ability to communicate effectively across the company to include internal and external business partners, management, and executives
- Extensive SAP experience and familiarity with internet banking systems
- Command of additional European languages a plus
- Advanced Excel skills to include data functions such as lookups, pivot tables to reconcile large volumes of data
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.