Already applied?View Dashboard
Category Sourcing Manager, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement EMEAApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543915BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 04/19/2018
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced candidate to fill the permanent position of Category Sourcing Manager, based in Hammersmith London.
The successful candidate will enable The Walt Disney Company EMEA to strategically manage and deliver the total value contribution of the company’s third party spend across the digital distribution and supply chain category.
- Responsible for supporting the Senior Category Manager to develop and then work independently to deliver the category strategy for the broadcast, media and technology category for the EMEA Region
- Ensure the relevant regional and local business, finance and sourcing stakeholders are considered and provide line of business / Country input into the strategy
- It is essential that the Category Manager builds and maintains an extensive senior executive level internal network, as well as a solid external market network to ensure plans are informed, innovative and aligned with the company’s long term goals
- On an ongoing basis the individual will be responsible for delivering the category plan at a regional level. They will need to work closely with the local sourcing team, regional stakeholders and finance to deliver this
- Ensure the company’s reputation is protected and in engaging third parties we comply with company standards and polices, including but not limited to IP protection, Personal Data protection
- Work closely with the Senior Category Manager to ensure consistency with the wider regional strategy and work closely with global category leads to ensure global opportunities are leveraged
- Proven procurement experience in best in class procurement departments with a strong record of value delivery (savings and other added-value metrics)
- Proven experience in sourcing technology (hardware, software, managed services and telecoms)
- Experience sourcing media technology and services relating to media localisation and distribution
- Experience working in a multinational / multi line of business environment
- Experience in Media, Entertainment, or Technology Industries
- Internal / external business consulting experience
- Experience in managing a cross functional team
- Fluent in English and one other regional language preferred
Additional Information:Willingness to travel (position may require up to 10% travel)
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.