Already applied?View Dashboard
CG Supervisor - ILM TV London, United KingdomApply Now Apply Later Job ID omsA9fwh Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Industrial Light &Magic(UK) Limited
DepartmentSupervisor– ILM TV
Position Summary / Job Purpose
(Intent of the job and key results of the work)
- Lead a specific Digital Artist group. Provide mentoring and individual training or professional guidance as needed for Digital Artists in the specific group.
- Participate in show and annual performance reviews for digitalartists in the specific group.
- Provide career development guidance.
- Work with department Production Manager andDirector of Production Managementin advising on promotion, layoff and hiring decisions to ensure the maintenance of the strongest Digital Artist group.
- Work with Production Manager, producers and show supervisors in crewing assignments to ensure the portfolio of work on shows and strategic projects is accomplished efficiently and to a high standard.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the individual skills sets of the Digital Artists in the specific department.
- Participate in the bidding process for new and prospective shows to provide consistent technical oversight for your Digital artist department.
- Participate in the recruitment of digital Artists. Involves reel and resume reviews, interviews and attendance of industry and school events.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in current tools and methodologies - both proprietary and 3rd party applications available on the market. Perform 'hands on' work on shows when needed.
- Work with production managers and training department to develop curriculum and documentation for digital artist group.
- Work with Director of Production Technology, tech team leads, R&D and show supervisors to determine and advice on the optimum technical approach for the specific Digital Artist group both for immediate show needs and long term strategy.
- Partner with Director of Production Technology to establish and enforce standard procedures for specific Digital Artist group across all shows.
- Maintain constant communication flow with the digital artist group and act as an advocate for their needs as well as communication with them to obtain feedback and ensure that they have current information.
Direct Reports(Number of people this position has supervisory responsibility over.)
Budget(Management of budget; budget range)
Key Peers or Relationships(People in the organization who are important for success in this role.)
Head of CG
Job Requirements(Education, Experience and Skills/Competencies)
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Graphics
- Significantpostproduction experience includingexperienceworking as a CG Supervisor
Required Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Displays exceptional developmental skills along with the talent and desire to continually restructure and enhance the production pipeline.
- Expert knowledge of Linux and shell scripts and working knowledge of applicable software platforms.
- Aself-starterwith the proven ability to initiate and complete new projects. Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.