Commercial Growth & Trading ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 851700BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 25, 2021
As part of the next stage in the business’s growth Disney+ will launch in a new set of territories (“Wave 4 markets”) where due to local market considerations TWDC is taking a bespoke approach to product development and subscriber growth.
The Commercial Growth & Trading Manager will be responsible for providing a consolidated view of ongoing Wave 4 market trading performance and KPIs of Disney+, driving insights and decision-making to optimise sign-ups and subscriber growth. The Commercial Growth & Trading Manager will work closely with the brand, performance marketing, planning, retention and country teams.
We are looking for strong commercial acumen and analytically minded Commercial Growth & Trading Manager to join the Disney+ Commercial Performance team. The purpose of the role is to prepare and socialise Disney+ KPIs to the DTC business across Wave 4 markets.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Subscriber Growth, this role will be responsible for the following areas (for “wave 4 markets):
- Consolidate weekly trading reports for all Wave 4 markets, ensuring consistent reporting across markets - working closely with each market
- Work closely with local markets to analyse weekly data and identify levers of performance – also in collaboration with performance, brand marketing and customer management teams
- Prepare forward looking latest view of KPIs and work with Disney+ growth team on actions to improve performance
- Provide local teams with a clear view on market performance on the main KPIs and their variances vs targets
- Identify trends & market opportunities/challenges and drive business decisions through insight
Specific skills and experience we are looking for include:
- High numeracy and analytical ability and rigour
- Ability to work at pace and mobilise teams around action plans
- Show clear ownership and constructively manage conflicting priorities under pressure
- Strategic mindset
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong presentation skills
- Expert excel skills
- Experience in a trading, finance or consulting preferred but not required
- Excellent stakeholder management with experience of dealing with senior level stakeholders
- Ability to tailor comms to different audiences
- Ability to set clear trading strategies and obtain senior partner consensus and support
- Results focused with track record of delivering quality projects on time
- Ability to prioritize and manage complex projects under pressure
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.