Commercial Performance AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 769179BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 12, 2021
We are looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded Commercial Planning Supervisor to join our Disney+ Commercial Performance and Planning team. The purpose of the role is to ensure we have well-defined and socialised targets for sign-ups, marketing budgets, retention and other key DTC (direct to consumer) metrics, both for the long term and to guide the business on a quarterly, weekly and daily basis.
This role will leverage strategic thinking, ability to pull insights from Disney+ data, bottom-up plans from markets, market intelligence, research and analytics, to synthesise them and define the most appropriate plans for the DTC business.
This is a pivotal, central role within the Disney+ E&A business, which will work in collaboration with our local European markets, across regional Disney+ functions, BD teams, as well as Finance teams across Europe and the US.
- Analyse current trends of trading to determine targets for the annual and quarterly planning process on a EMEA and territory level
- Identify sensitivities within the plans and assess impact on sign up and subscribers
- Participate in determining the marketing budgets (performance & brand media spend)
- Communicate agreed targets to all markets, ensuring consistent reporting across markets and alignment with finance
- Excellent stakeholder management with experience of dealing with senior level stakeholders
- Ability to tailor comms to different audiences (e.g. country teams, DSS, execs)
- Experience in consulting or marketing planning preferred
- High numeracy and analytical ability & rigour
- Strategic mindset
- Skilled at prioritising and managing multiple project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
- Demonstrated success in influencing cross-functional teams, stakeholders and leadership
- High degree of integrity
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Ability to work autonomously
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.