Commercial Planning ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 808348BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 28, 2021
The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics. Within that team, the newly-created Commercial Planning team is responsible for providing a consolidated view driving insights and decision-making to optimise sign-ups and subscriber growth, overseeing the Disney+ annual and quarterly planning process and subscriber forecasting. It works closely with the brand and performance marketing teams, the country teams, the E&A BD & strategy team, as well as Finance and Analytics teams across the region and DSS in NY.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded Commercial Planning Manager to join our Disney+ Commercial Planning team. The purpose of the role is to ensure we have well-defined and socialised targets for sign-ups, marketing budgets, retention and other key DTC metrics, both for the long term and to guide the business on a quarterly, weekly and daily basis.
This role will leverage strategic thinking, ability to pull insights from Disney+ data, bottom-up plans from markets, market intelligence, research and analytics, to synthesise them and define the most appropriate plans for the DTC business.
This is a pivotal, central role within the Disney+ E&A business, which will work in collaboration with our local European markets, across regional Disney+ functions, BD teams, as well as Finance teams across Europe and the US.
- Further development of D+ strategy and planning, leveraging market and competitor insights, learnings from D+ research and past performance
- Forecasting across E&A (sign-up, subs targets and marketing budget), working closely with marketing, finance teams and senior management
- Analyse current trends of trading
- Consolidating local plans at EMEA level, coordinating with local stakeholders
- Creation of decks for EMEA & US exec updates
- Forecasting experience
- Excellent stakeholder management with experience of dealing with senior level stakeholders
- Ability to tailor comms to different audiences (e.g. country teams, DSS, execs)
- Previous experience in finance / consulting beneficial but not required
- High numeracy and analytical ability & rigour
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong presentation skills – regular deck preparation for stakeholders
- Strategic mindset
- Skilled at prioritising and managing multiple project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
- Demonstrated success in influencing cross-functional teams, stakeholders and leadership
- High degree of integrity
- Confident and assertive
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Ability to work autonomously
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.