Commercial Planning SupervisorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10075775 Location London, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (EMEA) Date posted Feb. 02, 2024
Are you a commercial analyst with experience in solving business problems within international B2C organizations? An opportunity has arisen for you to join the Disney+ team! The Disney+ team is responsible for the launch and day to day operations of Disney+ across Europe and Africa, specifically focused on customer acquisition and retention, marketing, partnerships and synergy, content programming, research and analytics. Come help us bring the iconic content of brands like Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic to our fans.
You would be a part of the newly-created Commercial Performance and Planning team is responsible for providing a consolidated view of ongoing E&A trading performance of Disney+, driving insights and decision-making to optimize sign-ups and subscriber growth, and overseeing the Disney+ annual and quarterly planning process. It works closely with the brand and performance marketing teams, the country teams (which have dedicated trading leads as key local counterparts), the E&A BD & strategy team, as well as Finance and Analytics teams across the region and DSS in NY.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, analytically minded Commercial Planning Supervisor to join our Disney+ Trading team. The purpose of the role is to ensure we have well-defined and socialized targets for sign-ups, marketing budgets, retention and other key DTC metrics.
This role will work in collaboration with regional Disney+ functions, BD and Finance teams, as well as with local market teams and the US ad sales and Finance teams.
Areas of Responsibility
- Supporting the optimisation of main planning models including the annual operating plan model and the monthly forecasting model, including exec level summary views, streamlined calculations and clearly identified inputs and hypotheses
- Supporting on the development of D+ annual strategy and, quarterly planning and monthly / bi-monthly forecasting process
- Modelling business cases and scenarios to support decision-making on pricing, go-to-market strategies, optimisation of monetisation
- Supporting ad hoc and deep-dive analyses on drivers of performance for the past quarter
- Supporting in preparation for EMEA & US commercial updates
The experience we require from you
- Experience working in data-driven environments and driving decision-making through data
- Ability to tailor comms to different audiences (e.g. country teams, global teams, execs)
- High numeracy and analytical ability & rigour, attention to detail
- Clear and succinct communication skills
- Skilled at prioritising and managing multiple project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Ability to work autonomously
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Disney+ Subscription
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About The Walt Disney Company (EMEA):
Disney EMEA aims to drive growth, innovation and brand affinity across an extremely diverse collection of countries with a team of over 6,000 employees operating in 59 markets with offices in 29 countries.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (EMEA).
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.