Communications Manager, Consumer ProductsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746729BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
We have an exciting new opening for a Communications Manager within our Consumer Products Marketing department.
The Manager will drive publicity around Disney Consumer products, Stores and retail initiatives with UK media, managing day to day implementation of campaigns and press office activity.
Help develop innovative PR campaigns and seasonal strategies to drive awareness of Disney’s products at both third party and owned and operated retail.
- Maintain excellent contacts with the media and constantly seek out new opportunities to grow network
- Deliver publicity across a range of media from nationals to kids press to help drive retail sales
- Help oversee agency resources, ensuring they are briefed in a timely manner and campaigns deliver against business goals
- Help define media strategy around specific campaigns and initiatives to deliver the best possible results
- Create compelling media materials to help drive coverage across a range of publications and drive best practice in the team
- Ensure seasonal campaigns tap into the media agenda effectively and are integrated with overall marketing strategyPR Events & Campaign delivery Oversee the execution of campaigns to support consumer products, stores and key franchises
- Present campaign plans to key stakeholders to ensure all activity is maximised across the business e.g. windowing PR assets with marketing
- Pre-empt potential problem areas and flag concerns to line managers with appropriate solutions
- Supervise the creation of assets and help to localise global assets
- Write and ensure the appropriate distribution of press releases, review and approve the work of more junior colleagues
- Maintain and manage effective campaign budgets
- Coordinate day to day activities of a number of third party agencies including PR, online & social media and challenge them to deliver the best results
PR Events & Campaign delivery
Oversee the execution of campaigns to support consumer products, stores and key franchises
Present campaign plans to key stakeholders to ensure all activity is maximised across the business e.g. windowing PR assets with marketing
Pre-empt potential problem areas and flag concerns to line managers with appropriate solutions
Supervise the creation of assets and help to localise global assets
Write and ensure the appropriate distribution of press releases, review and approve the work of more junior colleagues
Maintain and manage effective campaign budgets
Coordinate day to day activities of a number of third party agencies including PR, online & social media and challenge them to deliver the best results
Mentor, coach and (where appropriate) manage colleagues in the team (at L3 & L4) and encourage their ongoing professional development and help to prioritise tasks and activities
Ensure quality control of programming press releases, weekly / monthly listings
Nurture and give team guidance when necessary and give clear, concise briefs
Drive evaluation process on key campaigns and ensure learnings are shared with the team
Build relationships with category, franchise and retail teams, and proactively share plans and results to maximise impact
Develop relationships with and ensure the appropriate flow of information between different channels in the business (including marketing and sales / retail)
Continue to build relationships with marketing franchise teams across the company to drive press coverage that grows the franchises and proactively seek out opportunities
Maintain regular dialogue with Marketing teams to ensure all press opportunities are maximised across campaigns
Maintain external awareness of the market by managing a broad range of external press contacts and by monitoring media for competitor activity and potential opportunities for the Disney organisation
Represent the organisation with external industry bodies as required
- Graduate level education preferred with significant relevant industry and professional experience
- Able to run a campaign from end to end (plan, develop & deliver) and to understand the impact the campaign will have on the business
- Strong network of PR contacts
- Deep media knowledge across a range of markets and an ability to apply this expertise to the production of media plans
- A track-record of developing creative campaigns across different media and an ability to generate ideas and PR opportunities
- Capable of working at senior levels within the Disney organisation
- Able to manage talent in a professional and appropriate manner
- A proven track record of team management including coaching, mentoring and motivating
- Able to manage external agencies and able to draft agency briefs and select preferred partners
- Good commercial awareness and budget management skills
- Good understanding of the legal framework as it applies to the sector
- Good understanding of the Disney brand and its reception and profile in different markets
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.