Communications/ PR Supervisor - 6 Months FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 780767BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
The Communication Supervisor will manage all day to day press office activities to help generate coverage around our products and franchises. They will continually work to identify new opportunities to drive coverage, building their network of contacts across the media and influencers landscape.
- Draft press materials including press releases, pitch letters, media alerts, fact sheets, executive talking points and route to internal stakeholders for approval
- Manage master media list and update frequently with new contacts
- Proactively develop relationships and engage with media contacts, providing background information and/or pitching product
- Maintain list of Disney centric fans/social media influencers to seed product with as needed
- Oversee the management of vendors, including mailing house and media database services
- Track campaign results and develop comprehensive reports to communicate results for executive team and key stakeholders
- Conduct regular meetings with key licensees and retailers to ensure alignment on upcoming projects
- Participate in meetings, presentations and brainstorming sessions, cultivating creative ideas and developing strategic PR opportunities
- Mentor and support managing PR coordinator and team intern, providing direction and guidance as needed
- Work with PR Manager to help develop and manage strategic PR activities such as product launches, press events, trade shows, media tours, and blogger/social influencers programs
- Pitch larger product round-up and trend stories to trade and some consumer outlets
- Partner closely with other key stakeholders and CPGP teams to brainstorm program ideas, including global angles, content and buzz-worthy social media opportunities
- Liaise with other The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) business units to deliver on synergy PR opportunities
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience within consumer products commercialisation and/or retail marketing/PR
- Proven track record of delivering press coverage across entertainment, lifestyle, business and news outlets to high standard
- A strong understanding of digital/social marketing
- Several years of PR/communications experience either with agencies or in-house
- Experience in problem solving with creative solutions
- Able to keep up to date with industry trends and current media landscape and be able to identify strategic PR and event opportunities for franchises
- Resourceful with the ability to manage multiple projects across a variety of franchises/brands at a time
- Unrivalled media relations skills with a hands-on approach to media outreach
- Social media savvy and strong creative sensibility
- Skilled at crafting media pitches
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Persuasive with strong presentation skills and ability to pitch an idea and build consensus around campaigns
- Ability to understand and work within the legal guidelines provided by the legal department
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Fluent English, essential; other European languages, beneficial
- Excellent strategic approach to problem solving and innovation
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of local markets across EMEA
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.