Compensation Integration Project Manager (12 month FTC)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738312BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
This role will be responsible for effectively project managing the compensation integration for employees across Europe and Africa in line with the company compensation philosophy and local legislation. Through the development and maintenance of appropriate tailored solutions working within defined frameworks as necessary building a project plan, reviewing with stakeholders, gaining necessary approvals and communication and implementation of integration plan.
This role will partner with the Regional HR Business Partners, local compensation community and local HR across the Region, providing advice and guidance on the delivery of C&B initiatives/policies/processes as required as additional support to the team. Additional projects will include support for cross LOB (line of business) Compensation initiatives impacting countries in the region.
As one of the senior members of the team, the Project Manager will help develop the talented team of Analysts alongside the other managers. They will need to be able to work with autonomy and deal with multiple diverse stakeholders within their own function and the wider business.
- Working with the core HR integration team to build a project plan for the compensation integration of legacy employees to be harmonised into the Disney compensation eligibility framework
- Develop proposal, costing analysis and present back to integration team with recommendations
- Working with the Executive compensation teams in order to gain relevant approval for proposed integration changes
- Build communication plan and toolkits to support HR, line managers to deliver information to employees
- Implementation of recommendations ensuring updates across all relevant HR systems, related systems and changes are recorded accurately
- Partner with Regional HR Business partner & local HR, be familiar with the organisation structure of the businesses supported and act as an internal consultant on all projects/initiatives with a compensation impact
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders (which include Regional Business heads, Regional HR Business Partner, DTCI (Direct to Consumer International) Comp, and local HR) to facilitate a true partnership enabling you to engage with and influence these stakeholders accordingly
- Act as ‘Subject Matter Expert’ for identified area: consult and advise local HR during business case development and be point person for all related integration implementation questions
- Working closely with the business and local HR/C&B, manage the deal development/negotiations on all packages using local benchmarking information and working within the agreed approval matrix
- Apply commercial thinking and an understanding of the business and HR to provide pragmatic and informed HR solutions and ideas which meet both the business needs and fit with the HR agenda
- Line management of one analysts, including responsibility of work delegation and development, including performance reviews
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in Compensation and/or benefits at manager level
- Proven experience of working in a multi-national, fast-paced, progressive commercial organisations
- Proven experience gained within a US multi-national or similar matrixed organisation desirable
- Proficiency in/knowledge of compensation & benefits consultancy reporting tools and surveys would be an advantage
- Experience of Willis Towers Watson levelling and benchmarking methodology required
- Experience of team management would be desirable
- A proficiency in/experience using HR Information Systems (SAP or Workday) would be an advantage
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency is essential
- Evidence of having successfully program managed large, complex projects or programs, achieving satisfaction & timeline objectives
- Strong communication skills in the presentation of plans for review and approval, and in communication of plans to managers and employees
- Specific EMEA experience would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of grasping issues quickly and delivering effective and efficient solutions
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.