Compliance AdvisorApply NowApply Later Job ID 985535BR Location London, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 22, 2022
As a key adviser to Disney+, National Geographic and Disney Channels for EMEA, the Regional Compliance team advises on most aspects of Disney+ content, Library, Acquisitions and Original Productions.
The Content Compliance Advisor provides capable support to the Director, Senior Manager and Managers of the Compliance team to ensure successful Compliance delivery by the entire team. This role liaises regularly with Content and Compliance colleagues in Disney’s SVOD services, Linear Channels and Production teams, in London and across Europe.
Responsibilities:The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Review Content going on Disney+ in the EMEA region and escalate any Compliance concerns to the Managers
- Review and comply Original Productions from concepts through to scripts, animatics, rough and final cuts
- Work with colleagues on the National Geographic and Disney Linear Channels on all aspects of Compliance on these channels
- Review and comply scripts, storyboards, rough and final cuts of original productions and discuss notes with other team members as necessary and give notes direct to in-house original production team and external producers
- Review Acquisitions and provide guidance and recommendation to the Acquisitions team, to ensure all content is suitable for the platform- advise on and oversee any minor edits needed
- Review and comply scripts, storyboards, rough and final cuts for promos, interstitials and synergies, discuss with compliance manager if necessary, and give notes direct to producers and Media business
- Complete Compliance Reports for programmes reviewed- noting issues, any required edits and content that might be sensitive in the event of natural disasters/tragedies
- Apply content compliance knowledge and skills in line with appropriate Regulatory Codes, together with Disney Brand guidelines
- Review and comply Acquired and original completed Productions and materials
- Attend and give territory compliance updates at monthly EMEA/International Compliance conference call
- Attend meetings relating to Media Group matters and consider/advise on Compliance perspectives as required
- Provide administrative support for compliance team and compliance processes, as required
Basic Qualifications:The Experience We Require From You:
- Experience in UK and/or European broadcast regulatory compliance
- Proven ability to learn regulations and updates in order to advise on regulatory broadcast codes
- Experience in complying and giving compliance guidance on the following: ratings, programmes, advertising and sponsorship, on air promotions and competitions, PRMs, online environment
- Experience in responding and adapting to changes in business needs/direction
- Experience in working in fast-turnaround and/or pressurised environment
- Interest in variety of programming including scripted, factual and animation
- Interest in working with programme content for European territories
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to liaise clearly and concisely
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise amicably and effectively with colleagues, other departments and European territories
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Hybrid working is available
- Excellent parental and guardian leave
- Employee Resource Groups – WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our new disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group, TRUST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.