Compliance Manager, 8m FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 771601BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 12, 2021
This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team within the headquarters of The Walt Disney Company EMEA, with considerable scope for learning and career progression. The Compliance Team covers statutory accounting, technical accounting support, Sarbanes Oxley controls, VAT compliance, Transfer Pricing Calculations and bespoke projects, and provides guidance and support to the various accounting and finance teams based in the same London office, across EMEA and USA.
- Managing all aspects of the calculation and validation analysis of EMEA CFO Pack for review by EMEA Financial Controller, EMEA CFO, VPs of Finance & Local CFOs. Prepare explanations and notes for management and external auditors.
- Co-ordinating & reviewing the annual EMEA SSC SOX testing including assessing control risks. Reporting results and findings to EMEA Financial Controller and US SOX Team.
- Ensuring completeness of quarterly certification of EMEA SoX controls.
- Performing quarterly control and quality review of the EMEA SSC balance sheet reconciliations (BS health check). Liaising with other members of the Compliance Team to deliver the testing results. Providing feedback to the reconciliation preparers.
- Annually reviewing the risk ratings of EMEA balance sheet reconciliations in line with US guidelines; proposing and making any changes that are necessary.
- Reviewing quarterly results of journal quality control testing.
- Managing the quarterly Minimum Control Standard (MCS) questionnaire process for EMEA and International business locations. Highlighting findings to EMEA Financial Controller and International VP. Ensuring resolution of action plans arising from the review.
- Liaising with the Management Audit Team, reviewing issued audit reports and ensuring that our all action points noted are completed timely (by each Action Plan owner) within EMEA. Review open action points for International and provide update to International VP.
- Liaising with our external auditors during control walkthroughs. Ensuring that our control documentation is up to date.
- Co-ordination of 1st approvals within SAP system for all EMEA changes to SAP including (Banking settings, GL/COBA settings, Job role access). Ensuring appropriate Segregation of Duties are maintained.
- Co-ordinate the annual SAP Job role review for EMEA Cast members both for SoX purposes and a below-manager review. Consolidating the International results for our VP and ensure system changes are actioned.
- Semi-annual review of AR Matrices with Director of EMEA Collections and EMEA Financial Controller. Updating the policy documentation with changes and distributing to the stakeholders.
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Control Standards throughout our procedures via advising and guiding our various teams.
- Support the Global Controllership, UK, EMEA and Local Financial Controllers and other compliance managers in preparing supporting schedules for ad-hoc projects and queries.
- Management, motivation and support of shared direct report and intern; ensuring continuous development.
- Fully Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Strong experience of data analysis and reporting
- Strong educational qualifications with working experience within Accounting
- Strong excel skills important
- SAP experience preferred
- Big Four background is preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.