Content Protection SupervisorApply NowApply Later Job ID 799178BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 27, 2021
- Reporting into the Content Protection Manager, you will work with the Sales & Legal teams to facilitate the delivery of technical review requests, document draft remarks, and client follow-ups.
- Issue, validate and process Technical Questionnaires from third party television platforms.
- Audit devices, security systems and geo-filtering systems of third party television platforms.
- Support legal in the creation of Content Protection Schedules working closely with the legal department to reach agreement with the licensee.
- Create and maintain detailed records within existing and new systems and ensure records are properly kept so that they can be easily referenced at any time by any team members
- Work alongside global colleagues in maintaining a consistent approach to technical audits.
- Be a conduit for communication between the Content Protection, Sales, and Legal teams, bringing people and teams together to best solve current issues, as well as having responsibility for ensuring technical reviews are completed as early as possible in the deal negotiation process.
- Maintain a good understanding of internal content protection policies and guidelines and be able to translate them into requirements to the relevant stakeholders
- Familiarity with digital distribution platforms (such as IPTV, cable, satellite, mobile) as well as streaming technologies for video.
- Good understanding of encryption systems including industry standard Conditional Access and Digital Rights Management systems and security protocols.
- Ideal candidates will possess strong communication skills, written and oral. The ability to interpret technical issues.
- Good understanding of MS Office products.
- Keen interest in emerging technology, broadcast TV and online TV.
- Candidates shall possess strong organizational skills paired closely with time management, taking into account their ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of devices capable of receiving broadcast or streamed video
- Understanding of legal process and documentation of distribution deals
- Familiarity with distribution business rights and models such as linear, simulcast, catch up etc
Additional Information:The Perks:
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Disney+ annual subscription
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Excellent parental leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women@Disney, Disney Diversity, Disney Pride, T.R.U.S.T.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.