Content Supply Chain Systems Engineer
London, LND - GBApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765097BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 09, 2020
Job Summary:Based out of our Chiswick Park office, we are looking for a Supply Chain Systems Engineer to join our Direct-to Consumer and International Media Services team.
Working as an integral contributor in a small team, you will act as a systems administrator for media asset management, content supply chain platforms and other relevant systems, advising on enhancements and workflow development as required. You will provide engineering and maintenance support for all underlying broadcast and supply chain infrastructure for international content workflows. You will build strong working relationships with the LOB and Disney services provider teams so that any issues can be identified early and dealt with swiftly.
- You will ensure that the technical infrastructure and systems are maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Manage the implementation of technical change and provide technical expertise as required by the Disney LOB’s within an agreed change control process.
- Work with third party support teams to troubleshoot and resolve technology problems.
- Effectively log, document and escalate problems and their resolution using core company tools for the management of support tickets.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and recommend solutions and enhancements as and where appropriate.
- You will ensure all documentation detailing the content supply chain and infrastructure are kept accurate and up to date.
- You will manage the spares inventory and ensure stocks of spares are current and accessible.
- Provide engineering support for hardware and software upgrades and the installation of new equipment relating to projects and new business.
- Implement and manage an adequate security policy to protect the Disney production technical environment.
- Produce and update comprehensive and complete documentation for any technical changes or installations including wiring/cable schedules, workflow drawings and project documentation.
- Interface with the Disney IT infrastructure teams to ensure broadcast infrastructure hosted on Disney IT servers are maintained and updated as required.
Basic Qualifications:Educated to Degree level in a related Electronic Engineering field, followed by selective theory and practical training courses during employment. Alternatively, you are educated to A Level standard with a demonstrable track record of greater than 3 years in media systems engineering and maintenance.
- An excellent knowledge of current broadcast transmission, studio and post production technology and processes, satellite, cable and terrestrial television systems, IT systems, WEB/Interactive TV technology, content supply chain systems and non-linear broadcast systems including transcoding environments is required.
- Proven background and experience in the support of broadcast television or post production solutions including cable installation and a detailed understanding of video and audio signal path, both digital and analogue.
- You will previously have worked in an engineering position within the media industry and be conversant with a wide range of technical terms, concepts, equipment and procedures relating to the field.
- Knowledge and experience in satellite systems, encoding, decoding and MUX solutions are advantageous but not essential.
- Detailed knowledge on post production editing, both technically and operationally, with emphasis on storage solutions is desirable.
- A high standard of computer literacy is essential. An understanding of cloud computing and networking would be advantageous.
Additional Information:As there may be times when issues arise outside normal working hours a willingness to be flexible in hours worked is desirable.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.