Contingent Workforce ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 774431BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 16, 2021
As part of the wider Talent Acquisition Team and reporting into the TA Director, the Contingent Workforce Manager is responsible for planning and oversight of the Contingent Workforce Management operation. With support of two coordinators, the CW Manager Interfaces with leaders, vendors, and candidates to help place and administer the contingent workforce.
The role provides best-in-class service to leaders, contingent workers, contractors and vendors, including taking and filling orders, managing the contingent order life cycle, resolving problems, and utilizing data to inform decision making.
Operating within company policies, the Contingent Workforce Manager exercises discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and facilitates cost-efficient supplier delivery of contingent labour services in balance with acquisition of quality talent to the business in a timely and responsive manner.
The role also ensures company compliance to all relevant contingent worker legislation and requirements.
Some key responsibilities of the role
- Build relationships with key CWM users and stakeholders within Disney businesses to understand business strategies and objectives in order to ensure all contingent worker requirements are met through the programme and services are delivered to a high standard for all parties concerned.
- Assist the CWM team to collaborate with hiring leaders and vendors to source, recruit, interview, evaluate and place highly skilled Staff Augmentation/Agency Temporary professionals on a contract basis
- Process and fill requisitions by managing the contingent order life cycle in a timely manner, fully utilizing the company’s vendor management system (IQN).
- Identify needs with managers, business leaders, and team members to thoroughly understand assignment requirements including skill, background, working environment, compensation, and budget.
- Assist in activating, onboarding, extending and deactivating workers, including in SAP and IQN systems
- Partner with managers and stakeholders throughout the Disney UK to support, educate and inform on policies and procedures involving the contingent workforce population.
- Assess requests for non-employees (i.e., Staff Aug/Agency Temps, Independent Contractors and 3rd Party Vendors/ Professional/Consulting Services and Outsourced Vendors) to verify proper classifications
- Partner with Legal / Employee Relations / Sourcing and Procurement / Tax, as needed to appropriately support the businesses Contingent workforce requests and highlight/mitigate any potential risks.
- Effectively manage vendors and suppliers in accordance with CWM practices
- Manage Disney’s third party payroll solutions
- Over-seeing third party vendor access and IT accounts, working with IT Security to communicate the risks to Disney Leadership and improve the current process.
- Leverage the Disney Brand, Internal Networks and the Talent Acquisition Team to build talent pipelines for future roles
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team to share best practice in candidate experience / other relevant projects to aid our ability to attract and recruit talent
- Ensure a first class candidate experience, irrelevant of tenure of contract
- Ample demonstrable recruitment experience ideally from both agency and in-house environments
- Knowledge of Contingent Workforce models, contracts and processes
- Proven experience of end to end recruitment process including ideally on boarding and induction of contingent workers
- Experience dealing with freelancers, ideally within the Film & TV industry, would be advantageous
- Legal understanding of contractual agreements for all types of workers
- Knowledge of IR35 legislation would be useful
- Proven experience of influencing and persuading at all levels both internal clients and external suppliers
- Strong consultative and strategic capabilities, both with internal clients/colleagues and external vendors.
- Solid ability to command the attention and respect of hiring managers, HRBPs and vendors through expertise, collaboration, influence and communication
- Ability to effectively utilize recruitment systems and technology (ATS / HRIS / Vendor Management System) (SAP/Workday/IQN are the systems we use)
- Efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize and effectively accomplish high volume of work requiring detail-orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and customer service skills with proven ability to contribute in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, and ability to balance autonomous work and team engagement
- High standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow up skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work proactively to anticipate issues
- Experience in a US owned / multinational business is beneficial but not essential
- Experience of working in a highly matrixed organization would be helpful for success
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.