Corporate Tax Manager, EMEA (15 month FTC)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765142BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 28, 2020
The Corporate Tax Manager will support the Senior Manager Corporate Tax, EMEA on UK compliance, tax accounting and reporting processes. They will support the Corporate Tax department (US and EMEA) by preparing supporting schedules for tax calculations, provisions, transfer pricing, forecasts and tax audit requirements. In addition they will also support the EMEA tax team on ad-hoc projects.
This role will require a highly motivated tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to pursue a career in a growing and dynamic global organisation.
The specific tasks to be performed by this position will vary and may include:
Tax Accounting, Reporting and Forecasting
- Reviewing detailed quarterly and annual UK and EMEA profit estimates and tax forecasts, prepared by CT Analyst, using a variety of data sources and adjustments.
- Liaising with US Corporate Tax regarding the prepared UK and EMEA forecast calculations, which will be used directly in the Global Tax Forecast and Group reporting and understanding the implications
- Prepare the quarterly UK corporate tax payment calculations using forecast and actuals data liaising directly with the EMEA Finance Controller, Senior International Controller and Tax Principals
- Complete the quarterly and annual US GAAP tax provision reporting requirements for a subset of UK entities and oversee certain EMEA territories reporting
- Review tax provision reporting work prepared by CT Analyst
- Collate documentation across EMEA to meet US and group tax compliance requirements
- Assist EMEA corporate tax team in improving compliance and reporting processes and procedures
Tax Accounting and Direct Tax Compliance – Film Production entities
- Review corporate and deferred tax calculations for all UK Studio entities company statutory accounts including required note disclosures prepared by external advisers
- Review Tax credit and Corporate tax computations and returns working with external advisers as appropriate
- Liaise with US Studio Tax and US Studio Finance teams
- Ensure all UK claims and elections made on a timely basis
- Track tax attributes of production companies
Tax Accounting & Reporting – non studio entities
- Preparing corporate and deferred tax calculations for UK Company statutory accounts including required note disclosures.
- Point of contact for the external and internal auditors in tax matters
Direct Tax Compliance – non studio entities
- Working with the outsourced provider for the preparation of computations for UK and Ireland including providing relevant information and reviewing the draft computations.
- Assisting with HMRC enquiries
- Actively reviewing compliance and reporting processes suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Review and monitor all US/UK intercompany arrangements including review of quarterly Parent Company Share (PCS) and royalty calculations performed by Shared Accounting teams
- Provide support for all intercompany recharges as required by US tax and advisors, including information to help in dealings with the UK, US and EMEA tax authorities.
- Supporting the EMEA and US tax teams and the wider finance team on any ad-hoc tasks and advisory projects
The Experience We Require From You:
- Qualified ACA (and CTA a plus)
- At least 5 years tax compliance and accounting experience
- Big 4 tax experience is a preference
- Experience of working in a multinational and media sector a plus
- Technically strong corporate tax accounting with thorough understanding of UK and US GAAP tax reporting requirements
- Significant UK tax compliance experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel (SAP experience a plus)
- Experience with using Onesource for tax accounting and tax compliance a plus
- Attention to detail
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.