Corporate Tax Manager, Transfer Pricing and Compliance (15 month FTC)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765144BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 29, 2020
The Manager will support the Senior Manager on the EMEA tax compliance, transfer pricing and local country tax advice. This will include managing the external outsourced tax compliance provider across EMEA and liaising directly with the local controllers and finance heads in each market. It will also working with the external outsourced provider of transfer pricing documentation for the EMEA region including review and finalisation of that documentation with local teams. They will also be required to manage, support and develop their direct reports and other members of the team to achieve goals. From time to time they will also be required to be involved in and manage ad-hoc projects.
This role will require a highly motivated tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to pursue a career in a growing and dynamic global organisation.
The specific tasks to be performed by this position will vary and may include:
Direct Tax Compliance and advisory
- Undertake the day to day management of the tax compliance processes across EMEA, resolving issues and co-ordinating/managing across the team and with the EMEA controllers and outsource providers and advisers.
- Create relationships with the local Finance leaders and Controllers to be able to understand local business operations and changes, provide relevant and accurate tax advice and support direct reports in doing the same.
- Oversee the team to manage processes and timelines to ensure appropriate documentation is prepared across EMEA to meet US and group tax compliance requirements on a timely basis.
- Provide support to direct reports and the rest of the team on matters or in territories which are particularly complex.
- Pro-actively provide and implement ideas in improving compliance and reporting processes and procedures.
- Support and assist members of the EMEA Controversy team with tax authority enquiries and audits across EMEA.
- Responsible for working with external advisers and local controllers on the preparation and review of Local Country Transfer Pricing Documentation and supporting direct reports to do the same.
- Review Country By Country Reporting (CBCR) output in liaison with US Tax team and support the team to ensure facilitate local country EMEA CBCR notifications
- Review and monitor all EMEA wide intercompany arrangements and transfer pricing suggesting improvements and changes to align to business changes
- Provide overview and review as appropriate of annual operating fees and other calculations performed by Shared Accounting and Controllership teams
- Manage the collation and storage intercompany agreements and provide support for all intercompany recharges as required by local markets
- Maintain and update documentation relating to intercompany arrangements and key accounting processes such as Senior Accounting Officer and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Pro-actively manage relationships with local finance controllers and finance heads and also liaise with Shared Service Centre accounting team ensuring tax support to the local entities on issues which may arise
- Identify and support local planning initiatives to manage risks and maximise opportunities, in conjunction with senior manager, conducting research and working with advisors where necessary.
- Monitor tax legislation updates across EMEA, highlighting issues to local teams and senior manager as appropriate.
- Support the EMEA and US tax teams and the wider Finance and Controllership teams on any ad-hoc tasks and advisory projects
The Experience We Require From You:
- Qualified ACA (and CTA a plus)
- At least 5 years tax compliance experience
- Big 4 tax experience is a preference
- Experience of working in a multinational and media sector a plus
- International tax advisory and transfer pricing experience for multinational companies (including US tax experience is a plus). Need to be commercial and practical.
- Good communication skills being able to communicate tax technical issues easily to non-tax professionals
- Significant tax compliance experience, experience of overseas tax regimes an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel
- Attention to detail
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Free Park Entry: You will have the opportunity to enter any of our parks with your family and friends for free
- Disney Discounts: you are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort F&B and ticketing
- Flexible working hours are available
- Excellent maternity & paternity leave
- Business Resource Groups – Women @ Disney, Diversity @ Disney, Pride @ Disney etc.
The Walt Disney Company is
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.