Already applied?View Dashboard
Customer Services Director, EMEA - Disney Streaming ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667292BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 13, 2019
Job Summary:We are seeking a seasoned director for the position of Director, Customer Service, EMEA.
Working within the Disney Streaming Services team in London and reporting to the Vice President of Operations in New York, this individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the entire Disney DTC service team, the broader Disney Streaming Services team, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company.
The Director, Customer Service, EMEA will oversee the execution of the Global Customer Support Model across EMEA through the rollout of the of the Disney+ service. The candidate will have signficant experience in global customer service on digital products across multiple regions and in multiple languages, working with local and global vendors, knowledge of modern CRM tools, telephony, a strong background in continuous improvement, understanding of product from a human-centric perspective, and with a focus on quality of customer experience and operational effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in comparable positions leading Customer Service for similar organizations in consumer digital tech and/or streaming media, as well as an educational and/or professional training background that demonstrates commitment to excellence.
Responsibilities:WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the EMEA Customer Service team for Disney+, working across the organization to help ensure the successful launch of our global customer service organization, including the following tasks:
- Execute Disney’s Global Customer Support model in EMEA, ensuring consistency of support, quality, reliability, and high customer satisfaction
- Help establish the EMEA Hub call centre, including oversight of tools, training, knowledge management, CRM, and reporting
- Continue to the continuous improvement process within Disney Streaming Services from an EMEA perspective, working with Data, Product, and Marketing teams to relentlessly streamline our Product and reduce customer friction
- Align and drive the Customer Service EMEA rollout schedule to meet timelines
- Staff, optimize, and manage EMEA call center and regional teams to ensure the effective regional deployment and ongoing oversight of Customer Service
- Build effective working relationships with Disney DTC Marketing and Product teams to create high levels of visibility into EMEA Customer Issues and opportunities for improvement
- Partner with the various Disney business units in order to effectively track projects across those organizations that impact Disney+ Customer Service
- Create regional tools, reports, and processes to effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders and relentlessly improve our product, communication, and ways of working
- Execute and deliver in a highly matrixed and distributed environment.
Basic Qualifications:WHAT TO BRING
- Track record that shows you’re ready to excel in meeting the extraordinary challenges of this role (demonstrable, progressive experience in roles leading Customer Service in technical, consumer facing environments with a digital marketing focus)
- Teamwork, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- Leadership that builds teams, relationships, and credibility as a trusted partner and doer
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to senior executives on strategies, goals, and status across all regions
- Strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- Scrappiness and resourcefulness, no fear of getting your hands dirty, and an impulse to be the first to tackle a problem.
- Expert knowledge of Customer Service in a high-tech environment to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitate development of complex solutions
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences across regions, cultures, and business verticals
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, scheduling and organization skills
- Ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- Understanding of the media or entertainment space and technologies, and common issues or challenges facing customers
- MA in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Cake Solutions Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Cake Solutions Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.