Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital Paint Supervisor London, United KingdomApply Now Apply Later Job ID o8czafwN Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Jul. 17, 2019
The Digital Paint Supervisor manages a team of Digital Paint Artist that restore background plates and create digital articulate mattes.
- Works with Production to schedule work, and ensure that all targets are met.
- Actively coaches, mentors and develops artists at all levels within the Roto/Paint Team.
- Assigns work based on an evaluation of the team members skillsets.
- Works with Compositing Supervisor to determine best course of action for complex shot issues.
- Works with Production to determine which shots are suitable to send to Third Party Partners in different time zones, and gives direction to those partners on how to approach Roto/Paint tasks.
- Has demonstrated an excellent artistic eye, a strong eye for color and grain structures with the ability to match saturation, hues and black points from multiple sources to create a cohesive final montage.
- Hits given notes, but is proactive in offering suggestions and alternate approaches and giving artistic feedback to other Roto/Paint Artists.
- Able to handle complex shots with heavy motion blur, lots of layers and use a combination of techniques when dealing with tricky wire removals and clean plates.
- Is technically proficient to perform all roto/paint tasks with proprietary and/or off-the-shelf software packages.
- Demonstrates a strong proficiency with 3d/stereoscopic Roto and Paint work and paint on Comp work.
- Ability to use layout and DM cameras in Nuke.
- Ability to create generic scripts and templates to be used by other artists.
- Solid understanding of image pipeline from capture to delivery. Practical use of this knowledge to maintain the highest quality image possible. (i.e. concatenating transforms, color corrections, etc)
- Actively works across departments in shot groups. Provides updates to production and other artists on shot progress.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Visual Effects or CG related field
- Proven experience in computer graphics, animation or video.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Experience with Silhouette and Nuke.
- Computer proficiency including UNIX operating system; the ability to learn software and adapt scripts.
- Must have an understanding how their work fits into the pipeline and it’s affect on upstream and downstream departments.
- Must have a willingness to learn new tools, a proven ability to be detail-oriented, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to work efficiently within a production environment.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.