Digital Platform Editor (Maternity Cover)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 763712BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business ABC News Date posted Jul. 23, 2020
The candidate should have a strong editorial background and be comfortable optimising news content across different platforms, working closely across teams. The successful candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, demonstrating impeccable judgment.
Areas of Accountability
- Content programming: Utilise editorial judgment and audience insights to determine placement of content across platforms. This person will monitor real-time audience metrics and adjust programming on owned platforms accordingly for maximum impact
- Create engaging content, including video, for social platforms
- Partner with data analytics teams to establish and track KPIs via regular reports and to provide actionable insights
- Growth/experimentation: Develop and identify new opportunities and strategies for growth. Create plans to test and track results
- Proven relevant experience in a digital news operation
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with web analytics products
- Vast knowledge of digital media landscape, including mobile, social and OTT
- Knowledge of AP style and SEO best practices
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to think strategically, and to interpret audience feedback
- Adherence to the highest standards of journalism
- Experience in a global news organisation, with U.S news knowledge and experience
- Experience working in a high pressure breaking news environment
- Must be available to work some weekends, overnights and on short notice during breaking news situations
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC News Intercontinental, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
ABC News Intercontinental, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.