Digital Publishing Accounts ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 768910BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Nov. 16, 2020
- Develop and secure strategic licenses across EMEA with scalability across regions as appropriate within the digital industry by commercialising Disney Publishing’s digital content (eBooks, eComics, audio, learning, video eBooks and storytelling assets) driving long term growth revenue
- Achieve or exceed fiscal year-assigned new business development and earned revenue goals
- Drive the development, management and communication of business plans for new opportunities from ideation to execution; responsible for securing approval of plans, coordinating with regional colleagues, working with digital teams, operations, franchise, executive management, business affairs, legal and finance as appropriate
- Devise strategic and tactical plans to generate incremental revenue streams
- Apply existing and growing working knowledge of digital/emerging business models, distribution, technical development and use of content to grow licensee portfolio and revenue
- Manage and analyse quarterly forecasting, accrual, budget reviews and play key role in strategic planning
- Manage existing day-to-day licensees, select key relationships and special projects assigned by Director, Emerging Business or VP, Commercialization
- Manage highly detailed product development process and protocols by collaborating with internal departments and various stakeholders as necessary to meet launch deadlines and on-going business plans
- Identify, evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, storytelling experiences and trends to enhance our publishing and content position in the digital marketplace
- Form strategic alliances and partnerships within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) and Consumer Products Commercialization (CPC) and Direct to Consumer International (DTCI) divisions resulting in additional revenue streams and exposure of licensee portfolio
- Degree level education in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with large, complex organisations, desirable and proven sales background from the digital space
- Extensive negotiation experience and working knowledge of legal aspects of negotiation process
- Advanced working knowledge of digital-media, software and online business models, technologies, consumer trends and media platforms
- Proven track record of success in developing and closing deals with ability to be creative in business model approach
- High motivation, self-starting and results oriented work ethic
- Financial and business acumen
- Strong written and verbal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with internal and external senior management in a fast-paced, fluid and multi-project environment
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to achieve buy-in at all levels
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
- Advanced knowledge of Key Note/PowerPoint and Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- An ability to think strategically and capable of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on important issues and on-strategy projects
- Excellent commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Cultural sensitivity
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.