Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital Research Analyst - ESPNApply Now Apply Later Job ID 601032BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 01, 2018
Job Summary:We are looking for a Digital Research Analyst to join our ESPN team. The purpose of the role is to act as primary contact for the day-to-day collection, analysis and communication of digital audience data to support the needs of various internal stakeholders such as; Ad Sales, Marketing & PR, Product and Editorial etc. The Analyst will regularly utilise a variety of data from both quantitative and qualitative sources, including; Web Analytics software, Industry data banks, social media platforms and also consumer insight studies in order to build holistic and actionable consumer insights for the ESPN business.
The Analyst will provide this level of support for the EMEA region and will also be required to work on some specific global projects for the wider International Research team. This is a permanent, full time opportunity based in our offices in Hammersmith London.
- Supervision of the regular digital reporting process making sure that they are compiled and distributed on time, whilst ensuring that accuracy and quality standards are upheld
- Supporting the Ad Sales teams by responding to requests for audience insight for commercial client pitches/briefs, to identify and communicate performance of ESPN’s various digital platforms
- Supporting Product and Editorial teams in analysing ESPN website and app data in order to help improve usability and track the performance of editorial (stories/blog) content across all sites
- Developing relationships with all internal departments and managing their research requests
- Supporting Head of Research source data for management presentations and ad hoc projects
- Primary contact for the maintenance of Brand Tracker – working with partner agency to ensure timelines are met, while liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure that lines of enquiry are met and that the questionnaire stays relevant each wave
- Build relationships with senior management team, delivering insights from reports/surveys and standing in for Head of Research when needed and where appropriate
- Develop a point of view on the continuous development of ESPN’s regional research efforts – balancing resource required with maximising usability in the business.
- Managing, training and overseeing the work schedule of the research intern
- Graduate with degree in the area of computer science / business / marketing / media / statistics / maths / sports science or equivalent professional experience
- Experience at Research Analyst level or Internship
- Experience in the Digital Media and/or Sports industry (TV, Film, Online, Mobile) a benefit
- Excellent analytical & numerical skills, including data manipulation
- Thorough understanding of digital performance measurement systems, research and measurement techniques
- Solid experience using digital analytics tools, such as: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, comScore, Nielsen etc
- The ability to build clear insight from analysis & presentation of research data from a variety of sources including in-house datasets and published industry reports/sources
- Understanding of Social Media metrics and insights (particularly Facebook and Twitter)
- High competence in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding attention to detail
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.