Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital Sales Manager ESPNApply Now Apply Later Job ID 656214BR Location London, England, United Kingdom; Hammersmith, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Apr. 03, 2019
Job Summary:We are looking for an experienced Digital Sales Manager to join our ESPN team, working across the EMEA region. This is a permanent position location in the Disney EMEA head office in Hammersmith, London.
The principal responsibility of the Digital Sales Manager is to manage the clients within the Tech & Telco and Fashion & Sportswear sectors.
This role will be responsible for maximising revenue for ESPN UK from their client patch, by creating excellent, long-term agency and client direct relationship and developing new revenue streams.
A key area will also be the development and management of an Account Manager that reports into this role.
The scope of this role will involve working with the Director to develop and implement sales strategy for the division.
- Reaching and exceeding ESPN monthly and quarterly targets as agreed with line manager
- Developing and nurturing excellent agency and client relationships with focus on all levels of agency planning/buying groups
- Actively selling sport event-based packages, delivering multi-platform display and content ideas
- Working collaboratively with the wider Disney Media Sales & Partnerships team to achieve joint revenue targets
- Accurate forecasting with reports to line manager
- Lead new business pitches to senior clients and agency contacts
- Helping to identify team needs regarding training, events and client hospitality
- Managing performance and setting targets for their direct report
- Work closely with our Head of Programmatic to drive revenue through this channel
- Input into long-term commercial projects such as native advertising solutions, viewability projects, sports rights acquisitions, partnership opportunities, innovative ad formats / suppliers etc
Skills and Experience
- Experience in dealing with major advertising agencies and clients at a senior level
- Strong and established relationships across agencies specifically in the tech / sportswear sector is beneficial
- International client and agency contacts would also be beneficial
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking in response to briefs and proactive thinking
- Must have a strong knowledge of the programmatic space
- Experience across multi platforms including digital, video and social (YouTube, Instagram, twitter)
- The ability to sell media solutions (over and above advertising campaigns) is essential
- Multi-platform digital sales experience is essential
- Strong PowerPoint skills and outstanding presentation technique
- Liaison with marketing team and editorial where necessary
- Significant and demonstrable experience of digital advertising sales
- Passion for sport is an advantage (some travel and out of hours working may be required)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Limited, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sports Media Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.