Digital Sales ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738743BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 16, 2020
The principal responsibility of the Digital Sales Manager is to sell media partnerships for ESPN, and when suitable other Disney brands, to clients within designated verticals.
This person will be tasked with maximising revenue from their verticals, whilst creating excellent, long-term agency and client relationships, and ultimately driving new revenue streams.
This is a senior sales position within the UK Sales team, reporting to the UK Sales Director.
This person is expected to work closely with their line manager to develop and implement sales strategy for their client patch.
- Reaching and exceeding monthly and quarterly targets as agreed with line manager
- Developing and nurturing excellent agency relationships with focus on all levels of agency planning/buying groups
- Actively selling event packages and brief driven multi-platform content ideas
- Accurate forecasting with reports to line manager
- Lead new business pitches to top-level agency contacts
- Identifying their needs regarding training, client events and hospitality. Reporting these needs to their line manager
- Work closely with our Programmatic Director to drive revenue through this channel
Skills and Experience
- Experience in selling advertising across online is essential
- Experience in dealing with major advertising agencies at a senior level
- Strong and established relationships across the Gaming and Sporting apparel clients would be beneficial
- The ability to deliver cross-media UK creative solutions to win advertising business in a highly competitive marketplace
- The ability to sell media solutions (over and above advertising campaigns) is essential
- Strong Power Point skills and outstanding presentation technique
- Liaison with marketing team and editorial where necessary
- Passion for sport (some travel and out of hours working may be required)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sports Media Limited, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sports Media Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.