Already applied?View Dashboard
Disney Store: Loss Prevention Cast Member Oxford StreetApply Now Apply Later Job ID 572478BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Jun. 26, 2018
Job Summary:The Loss Prevention Cast Member is part of the management team, and supports the store management team to drive the store’s performance especially in relation to Shrinkage. The Loss Prevention Cast Member represents the Disney brand, and ensures that Guests have magical experiences throughout the Store in a safe and secure environment. Their standards are consistently high and they set the example for the delivery of exceptional Loss Prevention standards. They are a mentor and a role model for Cast Members in relation to Loss Prevention and work with the rest of the management team to create a high energy work environment, to drive the company’s initiatives and to achieve its goals.
- Bags, Pockets and lockers searched without prejudice in a professional manner with Cast member’s knowledge to meet TDS Procedures
- Identifies any issues ensuring a safe working environment to prevent injury to self, colleagues and Guests throughout all areas of the store
- Attends court on behalf of the company as required
- Achieves shrinkage financial goals, as agreed, through appropriate actions, controls and use of Guest service behaviours
- The store is at all times a safe and secure environment for Guests, Cast Members and visitors
- liaises with local police/town link schemes to ensure a good working relationship is maintained at all times
- Operates in a diplomatic and tactful manner when dealing with incidents and ensure that at all times TDS Procedures are followed
- Assists Store Manager with induction training of all new Cast Members in all areas relevant to Loss Prevention
- Delivers targeted training and coaching sessions with Cast Members to raise awareness and tackle the root causes of shrinkage within the store
- Ensures that all Cast Members are aware of the correct and safe usage of relevant security equipment
- Accurate and legible reports are recorded on the intranet Loss Prevention Field Report function
- Communicates to Manager, Cast Members and Guests clearly and with confidence
- Communicates regularly with Loss Prevention Representative
- Leads by example in relation to grooming guidelines Asks for help, advice and procedural clarification when required
- Reviews TDS Loss Prevention SOP’s and makes recommendations for improvements to Loss Prevention Department
- Any relevant issues are communicated to manager without prejudice
- Minimum level of one year’s loss prevention/security experience within a retail environment
- Experience of training personnel in security and Loss Prevention processes
- Has a thorough understanding of security procedures, regulations and practices
- Has an understanding of basic Health and Safety practices and procedures
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is able to work without supervision and be approachable
- Ability to operate in a methodical, pragmatic manner
- High performance standards and expectations
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Conveys information in a timely manner
- Analyses issues and takes effective.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.