Distributor (Disney Stores) - FTCApply NowApply Later Job ID 774646BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Store Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
- Ensure timely allocation of all stock to meet the trading needs of the business, whether new season, new franchise launches or promotional stock
- Be aware of any late lines or lines with limited stock that may affect ranging in stores and consider alternatives or work with Store Operations if a communication is required
- Ensure the new seasons allocation strategy takes account of stage sets and fixture fill
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the allocation systems functions
- Analyse stock and sales performance by line and store to assist in effective allocations
- Forecast and reforecast department allocation targets on a weekly basis based on sales performance and trading decisions
- Plan and execute promotional and event specific allocations
- For the merchandising team you cover, implement replenishment strategies based on changes to promotions, staging, tables and franchise activity
- Make recommendations to merchandising teams on any stock related challenges for example, size ratio, intake phasing, market performance
- Be aware of intake by week using the appointment report and through attending the delivery schedule meetings and plan allocations accordingly
- Actively participate in weekly distribution meetings. Review current performance and work with Stock Distribution Supervisor (SDS) to forward plan
- Attend relevant department merchandising trading meetings to maintain awareness of product performance and challenges
- Be familiar with key merchandising documents and be able to interpret them and utilise them as required, this includes, Weekly Stock and Sales Inventory report (WSSI), Range Plan, Delivery Schedules
- Produce ad hoc analysis as required and in Merchandising Assistant’s (MA) absence assist in preparation of weekly trading reports
- Build the stock packages for new store openings within business deadlines and monitor new store sales to ensure full support from key stakeholders
- Visit stores and the European Distribution Centre (EDC) to understand TDSE product, staging, the supply chain and any operational issues
- Be responsible for the liaison with a specific market or group of stores on specific store issues and take action to address these with the distribution team
- Be aware of timing of deliveries and work with central planning and the MAs to ensure on-time deliveries to meet market specific launches and events
- Recent experience of working in retail in-store or as a MA, Allocator/Distributor within an omni-channel retailer or a Merchandising related qualification, essential
- Demonstrable experience of working in teams and building effective relationships
- Highly numerate with good Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time planning and organisation skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- An analytical and innovative approach to problem solving
- Cultural sensitivity
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Disney Store Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
The Disney Store Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.