E-Commerce Retail Sales Manager - 6 Months Fixed TermApply NowApply Later Job ID 768279BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Disney Licensing Date posted Oct. 29, 2020
The Retail Sales Manager will be responsible for the implementation of account strategies and management of selected e-commerce retail accounts and for identifying new commercial and growth opportunities for the CPCG business.
Retail account management responsibilities will pertain to key pure-play and omni-channel e-commerce partners, across licensed consumer product categories. The Retail Sales Manager will support with the execution of strategic objectives and deliver against sales targets, as set out and defined by The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) corporate fiscal plan.
They will be the primary interface for TWDC with external buying teams alongside working with internal franchise and category experts to agree and implement joint business plans with key licensees and suppliers. The role will ensure close collaboration with the broader retail leads within the business, ensuring they are fully integrated into e-commerce trade planning.
- Devise the account(s) strategy: demonstrate a granular understanding of e-commerce, the relevant category and franchise objectives and goals
- Build a data-led understanding of account(s) and their overarching category and marketing strategies, alongside the key performance indicators
- Make recommendations for exploring new business opportunities across category reasonability within e-commerce
- Work with the Senior Retail Sales Manager to develop account forecasts that lead to the development and execution of the business plan
- Build robust relationships with buyers to ensure brand engagement to improve sell-inn position
- Create scalable and measurable retail activations that contribute to the delivery of the UK P&L
- Have ownership of the account commercial tracker, updating it weekly and regularly sharing information with wider business/stakeholders
- Create franchise trade calendar of relevant retail accounts
- Track, monitor and manage budget spend and P&L for account(s) and product categories within remit
- Proven e-commerce account management experience, essential
- Experience of working in a digital or e-commerce retail account management or buying position
- Experience of working in FMCG, hardlines or softlines categories, desirable
- Experience of working in multi-level matrix relationship environment, in a multinational organisation, desirable
- Degree-level education or equivalent with good commercial understanding of e-commerce business
- Strong e-commerce, digital and computer literate skills
- Strong presentation, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to develop and manage relationships both internally and externally and across divisions
- Results-oriented, keen to challenge status quo, introduce new business practices and take calculated risks
- Well-developed commercial and negotiation skills
- Financial acumen – an ability to translate numbers into a working plan
- Resilient and nimble in an ever changing landscape
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.