EMEA Compliance ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762148BR Location London, England, United Kingdom Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 01, 2020
1 year FTC maternity cover
The EMEA Compliance Manager for Accounting and Controllership will support the Senior Compliance and Consolidation Manager on all aspects of the Transfer Pricing calculation and EMEA Consolidated Reporting (including Balance Sheet). Partner the EMEA Local Finance teams, US and EMEA corporation tax teams, shared services centre (SSC) and Global Controllership to provide accounting support to the business. Liaise with PWC on audit queries during quarterly review and annual audit.
This is a great opportunity to join a high performing team within the headquarters of The Walt Disney Company EMEA, with considerable scope for learning and career progression. The Compliance Team covers statutory accounting, technical accounting support, Sarbanes Oxley controls, VAT compliance, Transfer Pricing Calculations and bespoke projects, and provides guidance and support to the various accounting and finance teams based in the same London office, across EMEA and USA.
· Managing all aspects of the calculation and validation analysis of EMEA Transfer Pricing for review by EMEA Financial Controller. Prepare supporting schedules for external auditors.
· Assisting in the completion and sign off of annual local GAAP operating fee template.
· Providing cover for the reporting of quarterly EMEA Representation and Key Items List to USA Financial Accounting Team.
· Submission of annual reports requested by the US for the annual consolidated reporting.
· Consolidation and submission of EMEA Balance Sheet variance analysis on a quarterly basis on a timely manner.
· Finalise the EMEA IP amortisation calculation after liaising with the US Teams annually. Review and analyse the recharges between US and UK. Advise if any statutory adjustments are necessary.
· Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner.
· Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Control Standards throughout our procedures.
· Support the US and EMEA Corporate Tax department, Global Controllership, UK, EMEA and Local Financial Controllers and other compliance managers by preparing supporting schedules for ad-hoc projects and requirements.
· Management, motivation and support of shared direct report; ensure continuous development.
Skills and Experience
· Fully Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA
· Strong experience of data analysis and reporting
· Strong educational qualifications with working experience within Accounting
· Strong excel skills important
· SAP experience preferred
· Big Four background is preferred
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to manage to tight deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.